WB Bringing Tom and Jerry to the Big Screen January 22, 2009 1:07 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Cartoons, Movies, News, Television, Tom and Jerry.add a comment
Warner Bros. is bringing the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon series Tom and Jerry to the big screen, creating their own Alvin and the Chipmunks-like family franchise.
The studio is looking to bring the cat and mouse duo to life as CG characters that run around in live-action settings.
The film will be an origin story that reveals how Tom and Jerry first meet and form their rivalry before getting lost in Chicago and reluctantly working together during an arduous journey home, Variety reports.
Eric Gravning is penning the script.
Two New Lost Sneak Peeks January 16, 2009 7:03 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in ABC, Lost, News, Television.add a comment
ABC has released two brand new sneak peeks from next week’s season premiere of Lost. Check them out here.
Keanu Reeves Confirmed for Cowboy Bebop January 16, 2009 2:34 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Casting, Cowboy Bebop, Movies, News, Television.1 comment so far
THR has confirmed the news that Keanu Reeves is attached to star in 20th Century Fox’s big screen adaptation of the late-90’s Japanese anime Cowboy Bebop.
One of the big titles in anime, “Bebop” is set in a time where “astral gates” make interstellar travel possible. Humanity, decimated by a lunar explosion resulting from a gate accident, spread out across the solar system, as did crime, which gave rise to the use of bounty hunters.
Reeves would play Spike Spiegel, a bounty hunter and former member of a crime syndicate. Spiegel, along with Jet Black, a fellow bounty hunter and former cop, are the two pilots of the spaceship Bebop.
Peter Craig is writing the script.
Four Added to Cast of Stargate Universe January 16, 2009 2:11 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in News, Sci Fi, Stargate Universe, Television.add a comment
The SCI FI Channel has added four to the cast of the networks upcoming original series Stargate Universe. The four are Justin Louis, David Blue, Brian J. Smith and Jamil Walker Smith. The full press release follows after the jump. (more…)
Jericho Creator Working on Feature Film Version January 15, 2009 11:37 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in CBS, Jericho, Movies, News, Television, The CW.3 comments
The twice-canceled CBS drama Jericho isn’t dead yet. Executive producer Jon Turteltaub tells iFMagazine that there is a theatrical movie based on the short-lived TV series in development.
…the big news is Turteltaub’s company is currently hatching a potential feature film version of the TV show.
“We’re developing a feature for JERICHO,” says Turteltaub. “It would not require you to have seen the TV show, but it get into life after an event like this on a national scale. It would be the bigger, full on American version of what’s going on beyond the town in Jericho.”
Asked about whether the cast would return, Turteltaub exclaimed “Oh yeah!”. If the project got the green light, Turteltaub expects an adequate budget: “Anything would be a huge budget compared to what we were dealing with,” he adds. “If we had $40 million dollars to make a movie with, that’s 20 times more than we did before.”
The CW is currently airing Jericho repeats on Sunday night’s. Catch the show all over again at 7:00pm.
FCC Reviewing NBC’s Golden Globes Telecast January 15, 2009 10:49 am
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in 66th Annual Golden Globes, News, Television.add a comment
You had to see this coming.
After receiving 18 complaints, the FCC said yesterday that it is reviewing the program for possible violations of indecency rules. Seriously? The event was watched by about 14.9 million people, 18 of them complain and that triggers an investigation?
The biggest issue was when director Darren Aronofsky was caught on camera jokingly making the “flipping the bird” gesture at actor Mickey Rourke.
There were also a few other incidents that involved some colorful language, some of which was censored by NBC censors.
“We received 18 complaints about the Golden Globes telecast,” FCC spokeswoman Edie Herman wrote in an e-mail to The Times, “and the commission is reviewing the matter.”
An NBC spokeswoman confirmed that it aired the Aronofsky gesture on the live telecast. “On the West Coast, it went to black for two seconds,” the spokeswoman e-mailed. “Beyond that, we have no further comment.”
Aronofsky’s publicist, Karen Samfilippo, said earlier this week that she had not heard anything from NBC about the matter.
Source: LA Times
CBS Cancels Swingtown + Other CBS Bits January 14, 2009 5:49 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Cancellations, CBS, NCIS, News, Swingtown, Television, The Mentalist.add a comment
CBS president Nina Tassler has confirmed what was assumed for some time, Swingtown has been officially canceled:
“We’re not going back to Swingtown,” Tassler said. “At the end of the day the show was well executed, it was well received, the performances were great, the writing was great. It was a risk, we took it, and we’re proud of it.”
Other bits from Tassler:
- CBS will be ordering an additional hour of the successful freshman
drama The Mentalist. - Plans are moving forward for the NCIS spin-off. The new cast will be introduced in an episode of NCIS this spring.
Source: EW
Pushing Daisies the Movie? January 14, 2009 5:42 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in ABC, Movies, News, Pushing Daisies, Television.add a comment
According to Kristin Chenoweth, who starred in the now-canceled ABC series Pushing Daisies, series creator Bryan Fuller has an idea for a movie that would wrap up a lot of the unanswered questions of the TV show:
“It would wrap up a lot of the unanswered questions that people will have once they finally air our final episodes,” the singer-actress told TVGuide.com.
If the movie gets the go-ahead, Chenoweth says that she would take part and believes her fellow castmembers would as well:
“I’m sure that Bryan Fuller wouldn’t do it without the six main characters,” she said. “Paul Reubens was a big part of it — we have certain guest stars that are standouts that we’d want back. But he has such a great idea for it. … We all want to.”
Ricardo Montalban and Patrick McGoohan Have Passed Away January 14, 2009 5:35 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Movies, News, Television.1 comment so far

Actors Ricardo Montalban and Patrick McGoohan have both passed away.
Montalban, perhaps best known for playing Mr. Roarke on the ABC show Fantasy Island, and the character Khan on the original Star Trek series and later the second film Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, died of natural causes in his LA home. He was 88.
McGoohan died in Santa Monica after a short illness. He was 80. Among other roles, McGoohan starred as a British spy in the 1960s TV series Secret Agent and later starred in the series The Prisoner.
Fox Cancels Prison Break + Schedules Sit Down, Shut Up January 13, 2009 4:05 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Cancellations, Fox, News, Prison Break, Shut Up, Sit Down, Television.add a comment
After four seasons, the ride that was Prison Break is coming to an end. Fox has announced that the currently running fourth season will be the show’s last.
Fox will shift the series to Friday’s this spring starting on April 17th at 8pm. Four episodes remain. The show will be taking over for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles once that show ends its first season.
“The show is just played out,” says Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly. “Creatively everybody feels enough stories have been told … we want to finish strong and not just give out next season.”
They might shoot extra series-ending episodes, but Reilly assures: “They have a cool ending.”
In other Fox news, the network announced that Mitch Hurwitz’s animated comedy Sit Down, Shut Up, will premiere on April 19, 2009, filling in for the King of the Hill slot on Sundays at 8:30pm after The Simpsons. ‘Sit Down’ will take over after the series finale of King of the Hill.
Source: THR
SCI FI Orders Third Season of Destination Truth January 12, 2009 11:54 pm
Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Destination Truth, News, Renewals, Sci Fi, Television.add a comment
Following its hit second season, the SCI FI Channel has renewed the reality series Destination Truth for a third season. Josh Gates will return to host nine all-new episodes, slated to premiere on SCI FI in fall 2009.
The show premiered in the summer of 2007, but season two was its strongest, outperforming that first season in all key demographics: household rating (+9%) , total viewers (+15%), Adults 18-49 (+17%) and Adults 25-54 (+28%).
Source: SCI FI


The final episodes of the SCI FI series Battlestar Galactica got off to a solid start on Friday night, with the season 4.5 premiere episode “Sometimes a Great Notion” earning a 1.6 household rating and 2.11 million total viewers.






Last Friday’s telecast of WWE Friday Night Smackdown set viewership records for MyNetworkTV.

There was no bump to be had for the season five/series finale of Stargate Atlantis last Friday. While registering season highs among key measures including total viewers (2.02M), Adults 18-49 (973,000) and Adults 25-54 (1.15M), the show actually posted slight declines in all three categories vs. the season four finale on March 7, 2008: 2.12 million total viewers, 1.06M Adults 18-49 and 1.25M Adults 25-54.