jump to navigation

The Save Jericho Campaign Gets Positive Response from CBS May 19, 2007 6:02 pm

Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in CBS, Jericho, News, Television.
trackback

Perhaps no canceled show over the past weeks has garnered so much disappointment and response from its fan base as Jericho. The outpouring of support has not been lost on CBS management, with CBS President of entertainment issuing a statement to the fans of the show.

The statement follows below:

To the fans of Jericho:

We have read your emails over the past few days and have been touched by the depth and passion with which you have expressed your disappointment. Please know that canceling a television series is a very difficult decision. Hundreds of people at the Network, the production company and the incredibly-talented creative team worked very hard to build and serve the community for this show — both on-air and online. It is a show we loved too.

Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion. We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment

“We hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story”…means what exactly? Webisodes, a novel, a mini-series? Something else entirely?

So fans, what do you think about this? Feel free to leave your thoughts here in comments, or at the source in the link below.

A petition can be signed here.

Source: CBS Jericho Message Board

Comments»

1. Teresa Rothaar - May 19, 2007 10:19 pm

One word: NUTS!

We don’t want corporate spin. And that’s what this is, spin. “We HOPE to develop a way…” not “we will,” but “we HOPE.”

What’s that about?

Jericho fans don’t want corporate spin and empty promises of “maybe we’ll look into it.” We want our show back on the air, if not on CBS then on another network.

2. VOYAGER356 - May 19, 2007 10:31 pm

CBS BRING BACK JERICHO!!!!!

3. Barbara - May 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Save Jericho. Listen to the fans. We want our show back and we won`t stop until we get it. NUTS!!!!!!

4. David Carless - May 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Bigger than Jericho — Its Old vs New Media

In case you have not heard, CBS has cancelled Jericho. And in case you have not heard, there is a fan protest and “Save Jericho” movement afoot. Simply Google “Save Jericho” and you will see what I mean.

Right now it is just Jericho fandom vs CBS — some random number of four and five figured incomed sweat-suit wearing individuals against a unified core of six and seven figure incomed stuffed suits. It should be something bigger though. This should be a battle of ALL disgruntled and discounted customers/viewers against ALL corporate giants that would dictate to us what we will and will not be watching. If CBS gets away with canceling Jericho, then ALL viewers suffer.

CBS is stuck in this Old Media mode — bean counting and Nielsen’s. This is very ironic because CBS actually encouraged the use of web based tools with: the CBS forums, Innertube, Countdown, Beyond Jericho, and even YouTube snippets. Yet when push came to shove, CBS’ sole excuse to kill Jericho was the Nielsen numbers.

What did CBS expect when they cancelled Jericho? Did they really expect that millions of web-empowered and fiercely loyal viewers would just meekly set down the remote and be herded like sheep to watch “Kid Nation”? Did CBS learn nothing from their own Dan Rather, who defied and demeaned this very same group as “bloggers sitting at their computer in their underwear”? This very same group that educated Dan Rather about the new way of things and the New Media and forced him to step down a short time later?

Something tells me that some very high ranking people in CBS who are quite red-faced right now. They should have known better than to cancel Jericho, but they did so anyway, using Old Media mentality. If Jericho IS brought back, then some top executives will have a lot of explaining to do to Les Moonves, and the CBS board of directors, and stockholders as to why jericho was cancelled to begin with.

I wonder right now if CBS feels that they have created a “Frankenstein’s Monster” in the form of Jericho’s fan base. Are we the fans not everything that CBS asked for? They wanted smart viewers that could embrace and discuss highly controversial topics and issues. They wanted savvy viewers that could navigate the net. They wanted resourceful viewers that could integrate the web based tools and tie-ins for those nights that they could not watch it as scheduled. They wanted loyal viewers who would carry a serial, and patient viewers who would be willing to wait for the payoff during long story arcs and even a hiatus.

Well CBS should have been careful of what they asked for, because CBS got it with the Jericho fans. And their Old Media mentality of wanting to simply treat and dismiss these fans as irrelevant low Nielsen numbers, to shuffle off to a new project or experiment isn’t going to work.

We the fans are New Media. We don’t do Nielsen’s like CBS may want us to.

We do blogs. We do forums. We do networking. We do petitions, viral videos, emails, faxes, cellular phone campaign, and yes — when it suits us — snail mail. We also do online nut delivery.

We cannot be turned off at some Programming Director’s whim. And we can’t be tossed out like yesterday’s expired demographic.

I see this current fan uprising as more than just saving a show. I see this as a very high stake game of chicken — Old Media and New Media in a head-on collision. For CBS, careers and reputations are at stake. For us the fans, our value as individuals, our value as a collective fandom, and our choices and future of quality programming are at risk.

I don’t know how our “Save Jericho” campaign is going to end. But I suspect that a lot of people are watching right now. And I suspect that this movement to save Jericho will be a key pivotal point in how the networks provide future programming and interaction with their customer, the viewer.

Good luck, and hang in their all you Jericho fans. We have a chance for something big here – bigger than ourselves.

5. Bill - May 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Nice try, but it is hard to believe that the leopard has changed her spots, just a few days ago her story was basically ‘Too Bad, now p.i.s.s. off, you’re bothering me’. No firm commitment, no letup, no surrender, BUT, plenty of NUTS!!!!!!

6. Ana Marie - May 19, 2007 10:36 pm

No thanks Ms. Tassler,
First you state “Just deal with it,” and now your saying we will TRY to find CLOSURE to the series. I don’t think you understand how big this campaign is and how many legion of fans Jericho has. Evidently your neilson ratings are inacurate and this is not even a complience, this is WAR!! We the consumers and are going to be heard in a big way starting with pistaccios, walnuts, peanuts, and almonds. And then we are hitting the advertisers and press until every person that watches any network understands that this is a mission and that we are fighting for Jericho’s very existance and OUR DECISION of what we want to watch.
NUTS TO CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Scott - May 19, 2007 10:40 pm

I wonder how much money CBS makes on “Star Trek” now that they “own” it. Hey CBS execs…NBC cancelled “Star Trek” after season two, and in 1968 outraged fans raised enough of a stink that it came back for a third season.

And then…what happened next has become part of America, and part of the world.

Look where “Star Trek” is today…and you folks own it! I’m not saying that “Jericho” would ever develop into the multimedia extravaganza that “Star Trek” has….but it ain’t bad!

“Jericho” is a breath of fresh air in a vast wasteland. Breathe the air again, CBS.

8. Kat - May 19, 2007 10:41 pm

We are not happy about CBS wanting to provide closure. That simply is not good enough! We’re here fighting for a second season of Jericho!

9. Mel - May 19, 2007 10:41 pm

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Thanks Ms. Tassler,
BUT WE WANT SEASON TWO!

10. Linda - May 19, 2007 10:42 pm

While it’s nice to have our fight for Jericho acknowledged, Ms. Tassler’s note was, in my opinion, posted simply to try to appease the fans and to put a halt to our campaign. It did not give us any answers, it simply stated that they were “trying” to find a way to bring closure to the show. I question how hard they are trying. The Jericho Army will not be easily appeased and will not give up the fight until we see an official press release stating that the execs at CBS have reconsidered and have decided to bring Jericho back for a second season. We are in this for the long haul.

11. Krystal B. - May 19, 2007 10:43 pm

Unless it is a second season, it just won’t be enough. I’m glad we’ve been acknoledged for our efforts, though.

My big problem lies in the reason for which Jericho was cancelled in the first place. Jericho was pitted against American Idol, had a 10 week break stuck in the middle of the season, and was never advertised much in the first place… then the executives acted surprised when the ratings took a dip! Even seasoned shows like LOST dropped significantly in ratings after their long mid-season hiatus. Jericho did darn well in ratings, all things considered! Why should the fans be punished for the horrible mistakes in programming made by CBS?

I don’t believe the ratings system even considers the large number of people who watched the episodes online, or the people who taped/Tivoed the show for later.

The Jericho fanbase is not small. It is alive and ready to do anything to get this show back, whether it be convincing another network to pick it up, or bombarding CBS with countless letters and bags of peanuts (in honor of a line from Jericho’s season finale).

We want a conclusion, yes, but there was far too much going on with the show to wrap it up in a “conclusion” episode or two. What fans really need is second season!

12. Andrew G - May 19, 2007 10:43 pm

“So fans, what do you think about this?”

Well what I think is…NUTS TO CBS! A crappy wrap up movie or mini series is not what I want. I dont think many people want that either. I’m pulling for a 2nd season and NOTHING less!

13. Monique - May 19, 2007 10:45 pm

SAVE JERICHO!

14. Diane Burke - May 19, 2007 10:45 pm

Thanks, but NO THANKS!!

We don’t want closure. We want a second season and a second chance for the show that CBS sabotaged with incredible mismanagement.

Please. Admit your mistake and bring back the best, most interesting, most timely program you’ve aired in my memory.

15. Gale - May 19, 2007 10:46 pm

Nope, sorry Ms. Tassler. You are going to have to do way better than that. You lied to us, you led us on, you played games with us. The way you treated us, your viewers, the ones who suport your network and your advertisers, the way you treated the producers, the cast, the writers, the technical team and so on, you owe a lot of people an apology, and I suggest you do it on the air. Then do the right thing and give us our show back, either on your network or farm it out to another network. You need to do this quickly as time is of the essence so make this priority. By now unless you are totally blind you must know there IS a fan base and a huge one at that. No more hiding in your office with the door closed and no more games. Come forward and do the right thing.

16. Chuck - May 19, 2007 10:47 pm

CBS needs to bring back Jericho and not show a crappy reality show about kids trying to make it in a ghosttown. Trust me that is a show I don’t want to see. I can just see it now, to ten year old boys fighting over a girl and trying to win a competition to get a 12 pack of mountain dew. For the love, bring back something that people were actually viewing both on tv and the web.

17. Ana Marie - May 19, 2007 10:51 pm

To DAVID CARLESS

We need to post your statement all over the press…….

BRILLIANT!!!!!

18. Loren - May 19, 2007 10:55 pm

We’re all very happy we were acknowleged. Of course, I couldn’t see how they would ignoe us with all we’re doing, but we are still grateful none the less.

That being said, NUTS.

We don’t want a wrap-up, we want the show.

It sounds selfish and bratty, but its our demand…

Thank you for reporting on it for us, its greatly appreciated.

We won’t stop here. No we will not.

19. Roger Ransom - May 19, 2007 10:55 pm

ill never watch anything on cbs again, infact, i just changed the channel to NBC. there making a big mistake, I loved Jericho, and stuff like this makes me want to go to the cbs office, and smear feces all over the lobby, then take a big Styrofoam cup of luke-warm diarrhea and splash it over the logo out side their building. So all the people on 52nd street can see see what a crappy organization cbs really is. Then I’ll rent a helicopter and drape a giant banner depicting a man’s genitals in various positions with different objects being shoved in the dick hole painted very large on it, such as (but not limited too) marble pyramids, spoon handles, the fat sharpies (not the skinny ones) and possibly the teeth & claws of a recently departed badger. So then everyone on 52nd street can see what big dick holes they are. Thank you for reading, and sorry for any pain caused via mental images guys.

-Roger Ransom, who may be found near the Cold-Eeze truck on 119th

20. Linda - May 19, 2007 11:01 pm

NUTS…NUTS…NUTS…
There is no way that a 2 or 4 hr movie event or even mini-series would do it jutstice. It isn’t right (notice I didn’t say fair) to the 8 million viewers of Jericho. The Jericho Online community is the strongest I have ever seen. CBS forgot to consider this community when they looked at the ratings…online isn’t included in the rating count. Come’on your’re gonna tell me that Jericho viewers are going to be happy watching a kidz nation reality crap or another vampire p.i. Most were attrached to the show by the seriousness of the topics, the drama and the continuous storyline. We are not stupid zombies and aren’t couch potatoes..we watch online because of our busy schedules. We want Jericho back!

21. Scott H. Jericho Fan - May 19, 2007 11:02 pm

We don’t want closure…we want another full season. I for one (and I know many others) will boycott CBS and it’s sponsors until Jericho returns. I have already canceled Showtime and stopped watching my local CBS station, WJZ-TV. Which is a shame because I have turned to that channel for my local news every single day when I got home from work for the past 15 years. I absolutely refuse to have ANYTHING that has to do with CBS on my television or radio.I hope the other Jericho warriors are standing strong as well!!!
P.S. This attitude will not just go away….I HOLD A GRUDGE

22. Melissa S. - May 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Ms. Tassler,

If you really mean “this is a show we loved too”, then you wouldn’t mind giving it another shot. No webisodes. No 2-hour movie. We want a FULL SECOND SEASON!! The fans of Jericho will prove that this show deserves to live on.

23. Molly - May 19, 2007 11:05 pm

Ms. Tassler did not expect to run up against a force as strong and devoted as the fans of Jericho. CBS created a wonderful show and then set it up for failure by making it go on a break and then bringing it back opposite American Idol – AND even then it still managed to be high in numbers … but that wasn’t good enough. CBS should be ashamed of the way they treated the show (which could have helped bring them to the top) and to it’s viewers with Ms. Tasslers responses to us. First telling us “oh well, get over it” and now placating us with a “we’ll see if we can do something”. Ms. Tassler, to you we say “NUTS”! and we will continue the emails, the snail mail, the nut deliveries … until Jericho is given the chance it deserves.

24. BRIAN - May 19, 2007 11:05 pm

This is just a cunning attempt of CBS trying to trick us.

We will not give up until we get a season 2!!!

JERICHO WOLVERINES!!!!

25. Jericho-Lass - May 19, 2007 11:07 pm

Ms. Tassler –
as far as the fans are concerned …

Support JERICHO – Support CBS.
Drop JERICHO – drop CBS.

Give Jericho a 2nd chance and it’s viewers will give CBS a 2nd chance – other wise you will see what can happen when you turn your back on 8-10 million viewers.

26. Mary - May 19, 2007 11:09 pm

What kills me is that shows like Friday Night Lights is staying on the air. I bet we get a Sunday night movie out of it and that is it. How can they say they didn’t have enough of a fan base when they are getting this kind of response. This is exactly why I don’t get involved in TV show like this. I LOVE it and now I get blind sided when it gets yanked off the air. Am I the only one that didn’t see this coming?

27. Eva W. - May 19, 2007 11:09 pm

Why do you always start something you can’t or won’t finish. You have some great shows I absolutely look forward to every week, but I can take my loyalties to another network and hopefully many others will too. Then where will you be CBS!!

28. Tony Song - May 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Jericho was one of the smartest, well written shows out there. I rate it alongside Heroes and Lost.

Bring it back!!!

29. Steve - May 19, 2007 11:13 pm

This isn’t about closure, it’s about respect for the viewing audience. CBS has shown, through the words of Ms Tassler that it doesn’t care about the audence or loyalty to it’s viewers. It can redeem it’self by bringing back one of the best shows out there!

30. Layla - May 19, 2007 11:14 pm

CBS is crap. Bring Jericho back or get it on another station.

They won’t do anything unless we keep fighting, which is what we intend to do.

Thanks so much for reporting on this!

31. LC - May 19, 2007 11:17 pm

CBS may think that issuing a statement about giving us ‘closure’ will silence the Jericho viewers. Instead, it will only add fuel to the fire. CBS gave us 22 compelling episodes and we demand more! The letters, calls, faxes and nuts will not stop until we get a Season 2.

To quote the show, ‘We’ll do this day and night for as long as it takes.’

We aren’t going away anytime soon. And that’s a promise.

32. CW Willoughby - May 19, 2007 11:21 pm

I am very disappointed in CBS, who has no care for the fans of the shows it puts on TV. As in the past, CBS has proven that the executives have no idea what a good show is, because hey cancel many of he ones that make CBS popular and replace them with shows that are less than entertaining (i.e. – Pirate Masters, which is replacing Jericho). I used to watch CBS shows all of the time until about ten years ago. Until Jericho, The Unit and NCIS, I refused to watch CBS. I primarily to WB and FOX, because of the shows they had available.

I think that if I were CBS, I would either give the fans a “REAL” reason for cancellation of Jericho, or I would listen to its fans. Because I know about executive level Management, they do not look at reality, only what is projected by made up projections based on how a similar show is doing at another network, copy it without infringing on copywrites, and watch it become another show like the others that get the numbers for a short time(again, I.E. – Pirate Masters). Stick with what is working.

Jericho is one of the best shows I have ever seen. I wish CBS could see how Jericho has affected people, but they apparently do not listen to the fans.

33. Vickie - May 19, 2007 11:22 pm

The Jericho army is ready for the fight! This is a show we believe in. We are not going to go away quietly. We are prepared to fight as long as it takes. WE WANT JERICHO!!!

34. Jane - May 19, 2007 11:24 pm

NUTS to you!
We won’t stop until we get Season 2.

35. Goady - May 19, 2007 11:24 pm

I am not settling for some shaky promise of a dissappointing closure. I want Jericho to be given a fair chance in a second season.

36. CindyS - May 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Thanks, but No Thanks, Ms. Tassler. You can’t give the fans closure unless CBS brings Jericho back for another season, possibly more. I hope by now everyone at CBS is reading all the emails, letters, message boards and articles on the internet about how outraged Jericho’s fans are at the show being cancelled. We watched faithfully for 22 weeks; we waited patiently during the long hiatus because we knew our favorite show would return; we sat on the edge of our seats during the season finale with great anticipation for season #2 in the fall – and then the show is cancelled???? This was the best show on TV and you cancel it and replace it with yet another reality show? CBS PLEASE….BRING BACK JERICHO!!!

37. Marcus Hennessey - May 19, 2007 11:29 pm

CBS’ actions in this reagrd are, unfortunately, not unlike those of the other major networks. Just as I was starting to look forward to “Studio 60” it got pulled without explanation; its replacement, “The Black Donnellys” (which I didn’t watch) lasted even less time on NBC; “Drive” lasted all of three (?) episodes before it was dropped (another show I didn’t bother with, thankfully). The problem here is an ever-increasing disrespect of the viewing audience; with “Jericho,” the “season finale” consisted of a cliffhanger that now stands almost no chance of being resolved (I suppose that could be summed up in a paragraph or two, as Fox chose to do with “Reunion”–how unsatisfying), that I and many others in effect got suckered into watching (I think it was dishonest of the producers to opine that the show would be renewed in spite of its flagging ratings).

I am very selective about what television programs I watch as it is, I will now be even less enthusiastic about sampling new fare until it has established some sort of track record or been brought to a logical conclusion, then will consider watching the show on DVD (which means your advertisers have no “shot” at all with me that way). Perhaps all network television shows should be required to post a warning prior to airing each episode: “Warning: Watch at your own risk–this program may be withdrawn at any time, with or without good reason.”

We should all stand firm here and (hopefully) send a message to all of the networks: Disregard the wishes of your audience at your own peril!

38. Michael C - May 19, 2007 11:32 pm

SECOND SEASON is the only result we want! Keep fighting Jericho Fans!

39. Natalie - May 19, 2007 11:32 pm

“we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story”

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE WANT A SEASON 2.

Jericho deserves it far more than Kid Nation and Moonlight (aka Angel 2.0).

40. Donna - May 19, 2007 11:39 pm

To David Carless — Bigger than Jerico — Its old vs new media

Well said! Thanks for a very well written piece above.

Gotta put my own 2 cents in now. I don’t watch tv. My tv doesn’t work. But I have watched every episode of Jericho on line as well as everything CBS has on InnerTube. I don’t have time for tv. But I can take a 45 minute break and watch an episode of the BEST show (Jericho) on my computer. Did CBS take into consideration the on-line community?? I doubt it. As mentioned above by other fans, the Jericho fan base is NOT shown by Nielson ratings. We are online and on fire right now. We loved the show, CBS. We were and are faithful to the show. Get your 8 million tv viewers back, get your on-line community back. Google “Save Jericho.” Over 1,350,000 hits. Take THOSE numbers to your sponsors or get new sponsors.
And lastly, a great quote from another Jericho fan who “had 2 words for CBS: Star Trek”

41. Danielle - May 19, 2007 11:44 pm

CBS should have thought about how all of their shows are now going to take a huge ratings drop. I know many, many people that are now boycotting CBS. I refuse to watch CSI or any of my other CBS shows until Jericho is back. I go to school in a college town and Jericho was played in dorm suites to large gatherings all over campus. CBS and their advertisers are making a huge mistake and losing a reliable group of followers that should be their target demographic.

42. Jason K - May 19, 2007 11:58 pm

Jericho is the best show out there, CBS canceling jericho becauase they didnt add tivo’s and DVR + online viewers to their 8million “live viewers” wasn’t right. CBS SUCKS If they dont bring back jericho.

43. Glenn Fischer - May 20, 2007 12:04 am

Families for Jericho, Cbs is not for families. I also dvr Jericho and download it from limewire to have my own copies. I will also buy the dvds when they come out. Cbs lost my support when they cancelled Jericho and so will their advertisers

44. druff - May 20, 2007 12:05 am

I would rather see a new network pick up Jericho. Its a classy great show and CBS doesnt deserve it. I will support any other station that picks it up. I also would support the sponsers as I did during its CBS run. Hey TNT,SCI-FI,FOX,NBC,ABC 8 million viewers aint a bad start. A little promotion and a decent time slot is all it will nead. Word is already out about the fans and the lame move by CBS. I see a new hit here.

45. Victoria - May 20, 2007 12:06 am

Nina Tessler provided a lame response to try and quell the rising Army of Jericho. It may sound corny but the fans of Jericho are determined to NOT let this go. Dear Nina wants us to quit. No!

It is more than just the future of Jericho at stake. All the networks have cut the number of episodes in a season, they take shows off or move them around with little warning. They even blame the show instead of taking responsibility for their actions like a 10 week hiatus, little promotion and starting again on a different night agaisnt American Idol.

Everyone who supports JERICHO go to http://www.jericholives.com or http://www.jerichorallypoint.com. Get involved. Contact CBS directly (snail mail works best!!) and let them know how upset you are. Join the NUTS campaign!!! Return Jericho to the fans.

46. Leanne Stuhlmiller - May 20, 2007 12:08 am

Not going to stop until we get a season 2. Just keep sending those nuts.

47. Riley Luck - May 20, 2007 12:19 am

Season 2.

Not “closure”.

Season 2.

48. Valerie Shearer - May 20, 2007 12:31 am

CBS has been locked out of my cable box since the cancellation. No Unit, which I liked. No Numbers, which I liked, no local news and weather, which was good. No CBS.

It will be unlocked when Jericho is brought back.

This show has deeply effected very many people because it is here and now and about people who could be us. The fandom has built into an intelligent community that isn’t the kind to give up or they wouldn’t be watching the show. And we will not surrender.

I’m very tired of shows I love dissapearing. This is the time to stand against old outdated ideas and a sheep mentality. I refuse to be meek and shrug my shoulders. I will boycott and send nuts and send mail. And tell my neighbors. Two of them didn’t know about the cancellation and are writing letters now that they do.

If the networks hope to survive in this new age they will have to learn to embrase the new technology and options rather than holding onto the past.

The residents of Jerico had to change to meet a new future. We will fight for them to find their new one. Perhaps CBS should take this as a lesson and look toward the future with something more intelligent than Kid Nation.

NUTS to CBS. We want a new season. We don’t want crumbs tossed out to keep us away from the keep.

49. Justin - May 20, 2007 12:45 am

Frankly what that says to me is that they don’t really want to do anything, but they don’t like all the phone calls, emails, faxes, letters, and nuts they are receiveing. They “hope” because they are going to try and do something that will not satisfy their fans, but will make them feel better about the decision. If they haven’t realized it already, we will not be satisfied unless they renew the show, or it gets picked up by another network.

Thank you for your coverage of the situation and our efforts. We appreciate your attention, if not your support.

50. Marilyn Souza - May 20, 2007 12:46 am

I want the second season it is better than Lost, survivor where ever and all your programing. I am so tired of being given low intellect garbage.. IF I never saw another 24 I would be pleased. This was a show about family, survival, and coping with change. You made a mistake you let it last long enough so we cared about the people , families and the town of Jericho. Now give it back!!!!!

51. Marilyn S. - May 20, 2007 1:05 am

Looked at this after I wrote earlier, I still think you have missed a bet in canceling Jericho, It is a show which points out how people can survive the worst and still hold to the values that hold family and community to be important, I do not want closure I want to see the continued growth of characters I have come to care about. I am really tired of being told that what I find interesting is not valued by the suits.

Renewed for 2007/2008
48 Hrs. Mystery more cases of how Americans are murdering each other
60 Minutes old tired and pretty one sided reporting anymore
The Amazing Race (mid-season) useless uninteresting
Cold Case
Criminal Minds
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
CSI: Miami
CSI: NY
Ghost Whisperer
How I Met Your Mother bad jokes and less than interesting story line, waste of a few relatively fair actors
NCIS Like this
The New Adventures of Old Christine (mid-season) Yuck!
Numb3rs ok but hardly ever watch it
Rules of Engagement Not my cup of tea
Shark Worthless without the daughter
Survivor This might me cheap to produce but it is no longer interesting
Two and a Half Men: old tired and not up to family values at all
The Unit
Without a Trace

Canceled
3lbs.
The Class
Close to Home
The King of Queens
Jericho The only one worth anything in this catagory
Smith

Fate Undetermined Who cares you have got to be kidding
there are undetermined and Jericho is sent packing?
Armed & Famous (C)
Rock Star

52. Mark Sands - May 20, 2007 1:54 am

I’ll believe that “closure” will be brought to the Jericho series when CBS relents from its foolish and hasty decision to canel this outstanding show. Otherwise, I think this is so much noice trying to deflect the extremely heavy criticism from fans.

53. Joel - May 20, 2007 2:06 am

David, I think you just knocked a few I.Q. points into me. Very good post. Jericho is worth every second of this. It’s not only fantastic, but with this fight, it’s putting power back to the fans, the viewers, the consumers.

54. shadowlurker19 - May 20, 2007 3:14 am

There is absolutely no reason for CBS or any other network to offer online progamming but refuse to take the numbers of downloaded streaming content into account for viewership numbers.
Also cancelling Jericho only served to point out how often over the last few years shows have been pulled prematurely after pre-schedule long term hiatus’s that left viewers scratching their heads as to where their favorite show went and then they switch them around so much who can keep track?
This isn’t just about Jericho, this is about once again fans being blamed for not tuning in when the networks have done everything they can to make us tune out.
We are lost in a sea of time changes, hiatus’s, lack of promotion, and constant reality shows it’s hard to find a good show on television anymore that isn’t about Cops or Lawyers.
Jericho meant more to people than most shows because it wasn’t like most shows and instead of rewarding that kind of creativity and long term success CBS decided it’s current bottom line was more important than a far sighted approach to earnings.
There is a time and place for yanking a show but in this case with no game plan to change time slots or to send out another press junket there is little fans had to do with the reasons CBS claims it cancelled it for.
CBS should stand by their customers or we won’t stand by them or their sponsors.
In a way watching television is very much a marriage.
The networks go into it with the faith that what they bring to the table is good enough to keep fans sticking around for the long haul and we in turn as customers go into it with the faith that the network won’t dump us for the easiest payoff to come along.
Too bad they chose to do exactly that.
Way to go CBS!

55. jay meteskey - May 20, 2007 3:18 am

“In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment”>>>

The ‘closure’ CBS hopes to develop in coming weeks is a far worse option than just selling the show to another network.

Like with ‘Star Trek’ which was saved by a letter writing campaign in ’68, what if NBC had decided to kill off the characters at the end of the second season? They would have killed off what became one of the most successful shows in television history!

I think Jericho could also become an all-time classic if given the chance, this proposed ‘closure’ after one season is a debacle. The show has so much promise. Sell the show, CBS! Don’t kill it!

56. Kate - May 20, 2007 3:28 am

Marry me David!!

And NUTS to CBS!! Don’t come back Nina, unless you’re bringing a second season.

57. louise - May 20, 2007 4:53 am

NUTS!!!!!!

this is such a poor response after the weeks of watching jericho, with it’s constant teasing, twisting and building.
with all the mysteries left to be explained and that explosive cliff hanger how could we ever be happy with a half assed response like that.

58. matteo82 - May 20, 2007 5:42 am

NUTS!!!!
We want jericjo Back!!!

59. Stilgar - May 20, 2007 5:55 am

We wont stop until it is a “we WILL” not “we HOPE” !!

60. Pam C. - May 20, 2007 5:56 am

This is an age where network television is, more than ever, giving us mindless garbage and vulgarity and calling it television. JERICHO is one of the rare exceptions. JERICHO is a riveting, thought-provoking show. Losing it is not an option. A vote for saving JERICHO is a not just a vote for this brilliant show, it’s also a vote for quality television.

What I can’t figure out is why CBS would cancel a show of this quality.
They want to consider giving us a 2 hour movie to appease the fans?
Do you really think they can tie up the story lines in 2 hrs.? Ridiculous!! The only answer is a 2nd season!!

And by the way, CBS, if you think JERICHO fans are going to just give up and go away, I have one word for you…NUTS!!

GIVE IN??? SLOW DOWN???

NUTS!!!

SAVE JERICHO!!

61. Anthony - May 20, 2007 6:37 am

Nina Tessler previously made it very clear that “serialized” shows are not welcome in the “New” CBS. Her statement feels pre-formulated by her lawyers, and is more condescending than the previous ones she put out regarding the up-fronts, which says a lot.

Ultimately though, it feels likes the lady is not trying to sooth viewers, but the much needed advertisers. Which means the campaing is gaining ground.

62. Ian - May 20, 2007 7:27 am

Jericho is a long way behind in New Zealand, but even down here we are devastated by the news. What I can’t understand is how come someone in a board room somewhere decided a while back, hey I know a great show we can put up against US Idol, the only show that might be able to compete is Jericho. It really is that good a show. All the network execs agreed, and said “he’s right, it’s the only show good enough to take on US Idol” So it doesn’t win the neilsen war, but if it had been up against a lesser program ,than the most popular program in America, how would it have faired? My thoughts are, admirably. I have been really impressed with the casting and acting. Every one is spot on. I don’t normally like romances in such shows but the scenes with stanley and mimi were quite gorgeous

63. Michele Campbell - May 20, 2007 9:16 am

NUTS!!!!!
We don’t want a novel, or 2 hour made for tv movie, we simply want back a show that actually hooked us, and got ratings for your network! Just give us want we want.

64. Suzanne - May 20, 2007 9:29 am

No!!! We want our show back on the air, not a 2 hour movie. CBS needs to realize the Nielsens are outdated. People are not just watching shows at their scheduled times anymore. Listen to your audience and do the right thing. Bring Jericho back before you are boycotted.

65. Jean - May 20, 2007 10:45 am

Networks have got to stop cancelling great high quality shows with cliffhangers and we are starting with CBS. Help save Jericho! http://www.jericholives.com

Anyone that wants to understand why fans are fighting for this show check out the 1 season at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho

66. alio - May 20, 2007 12:58 pm

BRING BACK JERICHO !_!

67. Terrie - May 20, 2007 1:05 pm

Save Jericho. It was a quality show that never stood a chance. We will not give up the fight to get it back.

68. Donna - May 20, 2007 1:16 pm

I want to thank Entertainment Now for giving us this venue to promote our Save Jericho campaign! I’ll be watching your web site from now on. Jericho fans, please check in regularly to:
http://savejericho.blogspot.com/ for daily mission orders and really cool links and articles about the campaign!

69. Jessica - May 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Season 2? nuts to that, how about seasons 2 thru, i don’t know, a million?!!!! Jericho was a brilliant show. Not only was is entertaining, but many ages could watch it not like the hoochie shows that are out there. Enough with the reality shows, game shows, and CSI’s. Give us back Jericho and you will have your ratings!! Go JERCHO

70. Jessica - May 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Season 2? nuts to that, how about seasons 2 thru, i don’t know, a million?!!!! Jericho was a brilliant show. Not only was is entertaining, but many ages could watch it not like the hoochie shows that are out there. Enough with the reality shows, game shows, and CSI’s. Give us back Jericho and you will have your ratings!! Go JERiCHO

71. Yvonne - May 20, 2007 1:39 pm

It is time that the networks listen to the wishes of their viewers. Jericho is an amazing show and CBS needs to bring it back for a second season. Viewers are tired of mindless realitive shows. Jericho was an intelligent show that gave us something to think and talk about. CBS is “NUTS” if they think their fans are willing to give up on Jericho.

72. brian - May 20, 2007 2:09 pm

Oh David (4) and Amy (17), I’m sorry to inform you that we’re not CBS’s most important customer – we’re the product. CBS sells access to US to their advertisers.

If you want CBS to hear your complaints about loss of this fine program, you need the attention of sponsers.

73. JerichoFan - May 20, 2007 3:26 pm

We want a second season and won’t settle for anything less. NUTS to CBS!!!

74. JerichoFan - May 20, 2007 3:29 pm

I am extremely disappointed CBS cancelled Jericho. It was one of the few shows I watched. I will continue to fight until CBS or another network puts Jericho back on the air for many more seasons to come!

75. inatwinklin - May 20, 2007 3:30 pm

NUTS CBS!

two choices: a full 2nd season (or more) on cbs or sell the rights to another network that wouldn’t mind 8 million+ new viewers.

this household can no longer be considered one of your products (brian, post # 72)…we have blocked cbs from our tv and have contacted its sponsors letting them know we will no longer be purchasing their products/services.

BRING BACK JERICHO!

76. Rob Chester - May 20, 2007 3:42 pm

NUTS!!!

We will not stop our fight until CBS renews Jericho for Season 2

77. General Jack D. Ripper - May 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Until CBS surrenders and gives at least a 13 episode Seaons 2, keep sending nuts to CBS… peanuts, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, even metal ones.

Details on the NUT offensive

78. Aimee - May 20, 2007 3:43 pm

You want NUTS? You can’t handle the NUTS!

79. Bill - May 20, 2007 4:02 pm

SIGN THE PETITION!!!!
Go to jericholives.com
THANKS JERICHO RANGERS!!!

80. Russ T.C. - May 20, 2007 4:25 pm

Well, it’s definitely obvious from all the comments received just how much support and passion there is out there for the return of Jericho.

This post was as high as #4 for Top Posts on WordPress blogs. I’m trying to get a response back from CBS to clarify the remarks, I’ll post that response when/if I receive it.

Thanks for visiting my site, and please feel free to browse and comment on other sections of Your Entertainment Now.

Comments and suggestions are also always welcomed via e-mail. My e-mail is listed towards the top of the page on the right hand side.

By the way, I just wanted to say I find it quite clever how effectively the NUTS line from the season finale has been used in this campaign to save the show.

Russ

81. Matthew - May 20, 2007 5:18 pm

CBS has lost touch with its audience, and give Jericho the axe is the proof. I really think that there was something more sinister in the background as to why Jericho was canceled. I doubt whatever it was, we may never know, but the reaction to the cancellation shows that this was no low ratings show. If CBS is really in the business to make money, then they will give the customers what they want……JERICHO!

Although I am sure that CBS looks at us as being inferior, and they superior when it comes to decisions of the continuation of shows, but I must say that they are sorely mistaken. The best thing for them to do right now, is to suck it up, admit their mistake, bring back Jericho, and enjoy their thousands of pounds of NUTS!!

82. Memles - May 20, 2007 6:17 pm

I have to agree with Russ, the campaign is coming together well. However, there’s a few things I think need to be addressed:

First, David (#4). I think your piece is an inspired manifesto of sorts…but it’s also incredibly flawed. New Media and Old Media are not mutually exclusive concepts: one exists to serve the other. New Media is, at this point, too niche a market to be considered its own source of revenue compared to the broadcasting of the show itself. New Media is designed to engage viewers to make them into hardcore fans, while also spreading the show’s influence to try to get viewers to show up.

If anything, Jericho indicated a failure of New Media. The show failed to build enough of a hardcore audience to sustain the show’s Fall levels against American Idol, there is no denying this. Yes, it was an unfair task, but Jericho even failed to make it onto the Top 10 most DVR’d shows released in April. I think that people just stopped watching, which is exactly what New Media was supposed to keep from happening.

As a result, I think that we can’t claim this as an issue of New Media vs. Old Media, because it’s an unfair fight: networks have a tangible, established source of measuring one, and the other is just being applied a “It’s powerful stuff” qualification by the very fans who prop it up. Jericho was a show with a loyal following that was too small, and it failed to capture the millions of casual viewers who usually flock to CBS. New Media didn’t change that, and thus (unfortunately) failed.

As for the comparisons to Star Trek: Star Trek was a procedural sci-fi series which you could drop in and watch an episode of without even worrying about plot or anything of this nature. Jericho, on the other hand, is a heavily serialized drama requiring you to have seen every episode beforehand. Jericho will never become a success on that level in its current form.

Also, as a word of warning: you don’t want CBS to pick Jericho up for a 2nd season. It was a ratings failure, they’re not just going to pick it up without ordering changes. And they will order changes. I’d even be worried about what would happen if the show went to another network, especially a cable one. A swift change in budget would once again require alterations to the show’s formula. I almost think that a four-hour miniseries would at least allow the show to go out as it came in, with some amount of closure and yet without a show-altering aspect.

I know that you want to save the show, and that’s fantastic…but it’s not all going to turn out alright. I’ve written more about this at my own site, and I’d love to hear more about the future vision fans have of the series. If you wish to offer them, here’s a link:

83. Top Posts « WordPress.com - May 20, 2007 6:58 pm

[…] The Save Jericho Campaign Gets Positive Response from CBS Perhaps no canceled show over the past weeks has garnered so much disappointment and response from its fan base as […] […]

84. Nightwolf - May 20, 2007 7:05 pm

What network was it that picked up JAG: Judge Advocate General after NBC tossed it aside – I remember now it was CBS.

If I remember correctly NBC cancelled JAG after Season 1 but CBS picked it up and it ran for 9 more SUCESSFULL Seasons.

CBS Execs – Give Jericho a 2nd Season – I honestly believe that you will be pleased at the ratings!!!

85. KayT - May 20, 2007 9:48 pm

KayT

Jericho deserves a second season…….the fans deserve a second season…….this show would do well in the right time slot………given the chance……..

86. Jason - May 20, 2007 10:55 pm

one word to CBS, NUTS!!!!

87. bkj - May 21, 2007 3:34 am

Its going to be very difficult for CBS to withstand the Global Information Age. The question is not whether Jericho WILL be back, but WHEN. We understand that their tolerance level will be very high considering that they are a Multinational Corporation. Yet, what they failed to research is that Jericho fans will NEVER stop fighting for their show. Bring back Jericho!!!!!!! Or NUTS!

88. John Jericho - May 21, 2007 7:48 am

The Save Jericho campaign is on a roll!

89. Chrissy - May 21, 2007 11:09 am

Nina Tassler – NUTS!!!!

‘Nuff Said

90. Anthony - May 21, 2007 11:13 am

We want the series back. We don’t just want closure. There is alot to be said for the contint of the show itself. There are accual parts of the show that are showing the world that people can survive after terroist attacks. Or for that matter invaision. In the process of watching this show I found that the EIGHT commercial messages for every twelve minutes of program was although excessive I though to myself man. With this many advertisers CBS is making a killing on this show. Commercials or not we want our SERIES back.

91. Rob - May 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Maybe a better network will pick it up?

92. Mike - May 21, 2007 3:31 pm

I find it interesting that at the beginning of the year, the same Nina Tassler gave us every reason to watch the show and get hooked, as she said CBS has given this show a long term commitment.

Then she comes back after it’s canceled, and says there’re a hundred or so different people involved in the process. NUTS!!!

She’s the face of the network at this point, and as far as I’m concerned, she’s responsible. I’m a fan of practice what you preach. Clearly, I seem to be the only one….

93. Michael - May 21, 2007 4:23 pm

I want season two too! Keep up the work all. Send em nuts, faxes of nuts, emails of nuts and drive em nuts till we get our show back.

94. jason - May 21, 2007 7:05 pm

cancelling jericho is worst decision that cbs has ever made in my opinion. this show is being watched by millions of people every week and we will not stop until we get our show back. as many have said this show is a breath of fresh air in all the crap that is on television these day. i don’t want another freakin reality show…i want a show that i can actually watch and feel like i am a part of. i want jericho back. nuts cbs.

95. Mangofish - May 21, 2007 7:21 pm

CBS, I basically quit watching since you canceled Northern Exposure. I only came back for Jerichoo. I can easily stop again. It may take another decade for you to get a decent show again. CSI Pluto, CSI Antartica. NOO!!! We want Jericho back.

Jericho fans. Dont forget to go to Jericholives.com for a list of CBS advertisers to send feedback.

96. Kelley - May 21, 2007 8:50 pm

We want more Jericho – not closure…..SAVE JERICHO……….PERIOD!

97. Tristan J. Newman - May 21, 2007 9:46 pm

I have read this message and I believe I am not alone in saying that we are not interested in closure. We want continuation. We want a FULL second season wether it’s on CBS or not. We are going to stop at nothing to make sure that we get it. I hope that the message comes through loud and clear through our mail and phone calls and the literal ton of nuts you should be recieving shortly.

98. Ed - May 21, 2007 9:51 pm

It’s time for CBS to listen to its viewers. They need us more than we need them! We want nothing less than a commitment for a full second season. This is the best conceived and best executed television show in perhaps the last 20 years and they don’t have a clue to what they have because of a dependence on outdated means of measuring viewership.

99. Robin - May 22, 2007 1:03 am

No thats not good enough.

100. Sheryl Burgess - May 22, 2007 5:46 am

Sorry CBS….. Not good enough!!!! We want to see Jericho, this wonderfully entertaining show continue to unfold. We want a season two!!!! Any attempt to give us a “quick ending” to the Jericho story is an insult to all of CBS’s loyal Jericho viewers. You asked us to watch this story you were telling….we did because you gave us an amazing and interesting story.The characters are so well portrayed and the story line so well written that we began to really care about the residents of Jericho and how they will react to their experiences. After investing 22 hours of our lives into this story CBS announces….’uh there will be no more….it’s over…done…. this is how you treat your loyal viewers…..sorry CBS but suddenly our family’s time has become way to valuable to watch anything on CBS!!!!!!!

101. Joanne - May 22, 2007 9:19 am

I think CBS needs to get rid of a few people making these decisions. Jericho was the ONLY show I watched on CBS! And I plan not to watch CBS at all after this! This decision to cancel a fantastic show about people the viewers really cared about will be their downfall. I guess great acting and a fascinating story with long term potential for development isn’t enough. Frankly I’m not surprised at the reaction of the fans! I think the Nielsen ratings are completely inaccurate to the true amount of fans out there. Most of network TV now is a bunch of reality TV garbage as far as I’m concerned that anyone with intelligence wouldn’t want to watch. I want Jericho back for a second season!!!!You would never be able to do it justice in a miniseries. Allow it to build a fan base like Star Trek did and the X-Files!

102. Nate - May 22, 2007 9:43 am

First off, CBS canceled Jericho, one of a select few good dramas on the air *anywhere* (and THE only good one on CBS), and then they temporarily canceled Amazing Race, the last quality reality show, and put a Viva Blackpool spinoff in its place. COME ON! Seriously, bring them back, CBS, especially Jericho. It is (or was, until they canceled it) a great show!

103. roy monrreal - May 22, 2007 2:09 pm

First off, thank you very much for covering this story and giving it some exposure. It just frustrates me very much to see that they did not give this show the chance that it deserved to pick itself up. Cancelling it because ratings had gone down below 2 million viewers I understand, but to cancel it because of 8 million viewers? This is something that I truly to not understand. There where other shows that had less or equal viewers that got renewed. When I heard that this show was coming out, I absolutely loved the premise. It seemed to me that it was going to be a show that was going to keep me interested and excited week after week to tune in the next week. Not only did it do that, but it also affected me personally. It showed me that family is the one constant thing in this world that will overcome and will survive anything that life puts in its path. Then to top it off with a little action and suspense, I loved it. I read somewhere that they were trying to get edgy in their shows. My god, what could be edgier than the post apocalyptic world and the chaos and anarchy it brings forth? They also mentioned that the numbers went down and that was another reason to cancel the show. I am not a genius, but if you take a show off the tube for three months, don’t do a single thing to promote it, how in the world are you going to expect the same number? What does it take to be a television executive these days anyways? If they would have let this show run its course the way that Fox does with 24, I can guarantee you they would have had a monster hit all season long. They took it off during the holidays. Do they know how much television one watches during the holidays? I already said that I will not watch another CBS show until they bring Jericho back. Reality television is overrated and I do not want to see a bunch of kids build a town. If I wanted to see that I would watch my niece and nephew play with their Lego toys. I am not ashamed to say that the fact that it was cancelled reduced me to tears. Apparently, I am not the only one that feels this way. Online petitions are over 60,000 and they are being flooded with calls. I myself already called over 300 times since the announcement and left countless messages and wrote many emails. What more does CBS want to prove that the viewers are there?

As for them thinking about showing us how it would have ended with maybe a two hour movie. This is something that I would refuse to watch because the whole point of what we are trying to do is stop it from ending. Shows have come back from the dead before. I know we can do this but the executives need to stop thinking about the business that they are running and start thinking about the viewers that allow them to run that business.

Thank you very much for reading this and I hope that maybe you can circulate this to the right people, maybe even post it. I am not sure who will listen but thanks again for noticing. I am a big fan from a small town in south Texas. Maybe if they see how far the Jerichoholics stretch, it will help make our point and save our show!!!

Sincerely,

Rogelio Monrreal

104. Tony - May 22, 2007 10:52 pm

I e-mailed Kelly Kahl last week that I am the demographic that CBS should pursue. I am 37, married, 3 kids, with an income of 300,000. Jericho was the only show I watched on CBS except for the NFL and the NCAA Tournament. I no longer watch CBS.

105. Daboga - May 23, 2007 4:47 am

It will be tragic if Jericho does not continue; it will be almost as tragic for it to continue at CBS. CBS needs to to the right thing, the best thing for its viewers and the best thing for Jericho: sell it to another network.

106. Stephen E. Blanchard - May 23, 2007 7:00 am

CBS has historically misunderstood its viewers and canceled shows they were watching. It seems the rule of thumb has always been the more people who want to watch the show the quicker we will do something dumb to destroy its ability to attract viewers. This is a good case in point….a show that is doing well in the ratings, send it on a 10 week hiatus at mid-season and then under advertise it when it comes back. Putting it in compettition with American Idol helped a whole lot as well. The result? A group of “very talented people” according to CBS sitting around trying to figure out what happened. Its simple….when you walk out into the middle of the freeway don’t be surprised if you get hit by a truck….if you hamstring a good program don’t be surprised if the ratings drop. I have no background in broadcasting but even I can see that one coming. It is significant however that the President of CBS Entertainment has disabled her email address since Jericho was canceled. Could it be that she found her self in the middle of a freeway dodging trucks full of NUTS!

Bringing back Jericho for season 2 and beyond is the only way to make this fan happy and I might add the only way to get me to watch CBS next season. The choice is yours CBS just remember this…YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN’T HIDE from the truck headed in your direction

107. Shelley Reibstein - May 23, 2007 12:31 pm

There are a lot of things in this world that I don’t understand…
I don’t understand why Jericho would have to have a long ‘BREAK” in the middle of the season..
.I don’t understand why CBS canceled it…
I don’t understand what CBS was thinking,
I don’t understand what CBS plans to do now that they are aware that Jericho was a great program and CBS made a
BIG ERROR IN CANCELING JERICHO.

BRING IT BACK – JERICHO DESERVES AT LEAST ANOTHER SEASON!

108. Corri - May 23, 2007 3:48 pm

No way are the fans going to “settle” for closure! We want season 2!!! BRING BACK JERICHO!!!

109. Jericho Fans Send Nuts to CBS « Your Entertainment Now - May 23, 2007 4:03 pm

[…] measure is in response to CBS’s statement that they are looking into ways to provide some sort of closure to the series.  As can be seen […]

110. Charlie - May 23, 2007 4:30 pm

If there are any new shows worth watching next season I will have to upgrade the hard drive on my series 3 TiVo so I can save entire seasons, and not watch them until the show has been renewed for a 2nd.

This won’t benefit the TV networks in any way, as advertisers certainly won’t see any value in my eyeballs after the bits have been on my TiVo for 8-9 months.

111. Robert Wampler - May 23, 2007 7:50 pm

I HOLD A GRUDGE TOO!!!!!! I’m a sports nut. But, when baseball cancelled the world series i vowed to never again watch or go to a baseball game. Guess what??? I HAVN’T!!! And i don’t miss it. I started watching “Smith”, which wasnt too bad and they cancelled that. I invested 22 weeks of my time following the story of Jericho, a serial drama, and they cancelled that. I AM THROUGH WITH CBS. I love CSI, but i will never watch another cbs show. Why??? Because the people who run the network have no respect for thier audience. NONE. “deal with it” I WILL DEAL WITH IT. I have a choice and i will never watch CBS again. I urge everyone else to boycot CBS until they terminate Nina Tassler (AKA IDIOT)

I love shows like Lost, Saprano’s, Friday Night Lights, Studio 60 and Hero’s. All serial dramas. Its really all i watch. But, the IDIOTS, who run the networks don’t understand how to show them. YOU CAN NOT HAVE A 2 MONTH HIATUS AND FOR THESE TYPES OF SHOWS. AND, by the way, where is it written that people don’t watch tv during December and January??? I DO. I swear the only people who know what they are doing is FOX. They figured out how to broadcast a serial tv show (24). Here’s what you do, YOU GO STRAIGHT THROUGH DUMB ASSES. Do you ever see daytime serials going on hiatus or showing reruns??? NO. NO. NO. YOU DON’T. For the love of God, do these people REALLY get paid to make these decisions. I swear, MONKEYS could do a better job.

112. Tony - May 23, 2007 8:20 pm

Dear Jericho fans:

As a fellow fan, it is with great regret that I say I believe we must surrender our fight to keep Jericho on CBS. The mortars of CBS are too much to bear. Unlike the brave men and women of Jericho, who refused to surrender to New Bern, we must lay down our nuts and our computers. No more e-mails and no more message boards.

From the grave, yours sincerely, Johnston Green, Ex Mayor of Jericho.

Our best bet is to stop the fruitless assault on a bunch of idiots at CBS but to engage new allies. Let’s start pitching the SCI-Fi channel to make the show.

113. Tony - May 23, 2007 8:22 pm

For those of you that have guts…boycott everything on CBS: No NCAA Tournament. No NFL. No CSI. Cancel your showtime subscription.

114. F Berfel - May 23, 2007 10:15 pm

I no longer have any need to watch CBS. Ultimately, CBS, indeed no network can survive if no one watches. That means that the viewers can dictate what stays and what goes…. Let’s express ourselves load and clear and turn off CBS for 1 week, starting Saturday 5/26 until the following Saturday. Most of your cable and satellite receivers allow you to block undesirable channels. I think CBS qualifies! Spread the word far and wide, tell everyone you know to tune out CBS! Make sure to send a note to CBS letting them know about it.

115. Mark Dykstra - May 24, 2007 12:36 am

Not since the X-Files have I been sucked into a weekly schedule on the brain box known as TV. Censorship, media control, and much more had to do with this decision by the monster CBS. I will boycott all CBS stands for and they do not realize that many others will.
LETS SEE YOUR FUCKING RATINGS NEXT COUNT, WHEN 8-10 million veiwers have abandoned you like you have us.
FUCK OFF CBS.

116. Robert Wampler - May 24, 2007 4:29 am

NOW THATS A PAY OFF!!! THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NBC AND CBS. HERO’S PAID US OFF. THE IDIOTS AT CBS DIDN’T WITH JERICHO…. BOYCOT CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

117. Jay Black - May 24, 2007 9:28 am

Jericho was a show the entire family could watch. (My entire family consists of age groups 24 to 55). We were dedicated viewers. We even scheduled viewing in real time so to watch the commercials. The supposed move by CBS to be more “EDGY” is a mistake. They continue to fail to see that majority of TV are looking for “LESS EDGY” programming. The has left a sour taste in my mouth for the Communist Broadcasting System (CBS). Keep it up guys. Piss off enough viewers vengeance will be ours!

118. Sister - May 24, 2007 10:31 am

CBS, what are you thinking?

Replacing Jericho with a show about KIDS?? 40 kids unsupervised in a ghost town? In the New Mexico desert? Hello, CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES? This sounds like neglect to me. And we are suppose to enjoy this mindless crap. I don’t think so.

Jericho was one of the best programs you have provided in years.
No more crime dramas, (how many CSI shows are there now?) No vampires, this is not family entertainment. Swingtown, the sex revolution of the 70’s? not in my home. What happen to FAMILY VIEWING time?

Bring back Jericho.

119. John White - May 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Datline : May 17th, 2008. CBS has announced the renewal of it’s retrospective of the spouse swapping sexual revolution fare, Swingtown. Despite it’s 3 million views, the CBS hierarchy is committed to broadening the viewers tent by presenting alternative lifestyles during the family viewing time.

Along with Swingtown’s renewal for the Fall 08 season, CBS will also be adding to it’s viewing stable,,The New Adventures of Chris, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus ( Old Christine) who has given up her quest to find a meaningful relationship with men and decides to undergo sexual re-assignment as a man. You might say, if you can’t beat’em, then join’em. Loads of laughs are instore.

Other entries into the fall evening scheduling binge, slotted behind the fan popular special forces drama , The Unit, comes a new and exciting show that explores the world of Cops that have been chemically castrated. The Unichs will explore the difficulty of keeping the peace on the street without a loaded gun. Riveting Viewing.

Finally, at the 8 o’clock slot , CBS will be providing a breakthrough drama called,, Freestyle. Freestyle is set back during early, wild and wooly 1980’s San Francisco bathhouse scene where men’s relationships were created and destroyed without regard to their own personal health. A moving drama to say the least. Boy I can’t wait.

The 2008 Fall viewing looks like a season of shows that shouldn’t be missed, simply because, CBS cares about the family.

120. Lisa - May 24, 2007 7:32 pm

I really miss the show and the reasoning behind the cancellation isn’t enough to make me happy. I have thought about boycotting the channel. This is bull. I want the show back one there are so many ways to end this after another year, but not like this.

121. luke - May 25, 2007 1:01 am

wow i the nuts campain is doing very good jericho better be back up and running in no time

122. SStang1 - May 25, 2007 7:27 am

We want Seson 2 – Bring back Jericho !!

NUTS to CBS.

123. Donald Saylor - May 25, 2007 10:04 am

Until Jericho gets put back on the air I call on all you Jericho fans to PROTEST AND BOYCOTT CBS UNTIL WE HAVE JERICHO BACK! I will not have anything to do with that mediocre backwards network again because I feel when they have an excellent show like Jericho on T.V. they figure it breaks their mediocrisy and the have to dumb it down a bit with crap like “Ugly Betty”. So I ask all of you fans to petition, write, call, do anything you can to let them know that you are the majority of their business and they just gave you a middle finger! NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOYCOT–PROTEST–PETITION
FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

124. A Word of Warning to the 'Save Jericho' Campaign « Cultural Learnings - May 25, 2007 12:33 pm

[…] YourEntertainmentNow Post Featuring Series Supporters […]

125. Elli Burkhalter - May 26, 2007 3:55 pm

We will not settle for anything less than another season of the WONDERFUL show “Jericho”. Please find a way to bring this show back!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

126. JoAnne - May 26, 2007 8:44 pm

Glad to hear you were ‘touched’ by the passion of Jericho fans. When all these fans stop ‘touching’ CBS, we’ll find a way to provide you closure for your disappointment.

127. Tony - May 26, 2007 11:06 pm

I cancelled my Showtime (same parent as CBS)

128. Susan - May 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Nothing but a second season will do! Bring back Jericho!

129. Jane - May 28, 2007 7:39 am

The Save Jericho movement is still going strong. This is hard core evidence of just how much the show is loved. Please bring Jericho home………..

130. Brian - May 28, 2007 4:36 pm

Tis a band-aid, Nina. You have created a movement and nothing but season 2 will stop it.

131. mike - May 28, 2007 10:45 pm

BRING IT BACK! It’s a good show with a great cast, and all it needs is a little time.

132. Ron Navarette - May 29, 2007 1:15 pm

To Russ TC, thanks for keeping the momentum to save our show alive! JERICHO was perhaps one of the, if not THE, best show to hit television in a long time. Speaking as a person who doesnt watch primetime dramas, except 24, Jericho has become the #1 show that I have ever loved and followed with such a passion ever!

To all of you who read this post and wish to know more about Jericho or the Save Jericho campaign, please visit one of the following links:

Sign the online petition to save Jericho:

Join in our coalition! Stand united with us! Take a stand and show CBS that loyal fans like us will not take this sitting down!!

Semper Fi to all!

133. Don - May 29, 2007 7:47 pm

How sad it is that CBS would take a well loved and watched show like Jericho and not do what was needed to help the show grow. CBS my family of 4 never missed Jericho. We also watch other CBS programs. Since your announcement the Jericho was canceled we no longer watch any CBS programs. I always watched The CBS Evening News, now I watch the evening news on NBC. You have the opportunity to do the right thing by bringing back the show and showing respect to a loyal fan base.

134. xabistuff - May 31, 2007 2:15 pm

Jericho must go on! losing jericho on air, is like losing my day job. let us help each other by signing the petition at

135. Donald Saylor - June 1, 2007 9:44 pm

I would like to apologize for my post i did a few days ago. My feelings took a hold of me and I typed some harsh stuff about CBS. I am still pleading with all of you to please keep up the fight. Jericho is a great show and it originated on CBS. If anyone from CBS reads this please know that no matter what people type on these blogs the feeling is the same. We are all sad about the descision to cancel Jericho and we would all like to ask you to please bring this great show back.

136. Susan Davis - June 2, 2007 4:41 am

There is no excuse for canceling a show as brilliantly done in everyway like this one. I don’t need “closure” for Gods sake, I need the show back. Run it every week with no breaks or repeats and it will be the dawn of a whole new day! Wake up CBS……Bring it Back…Bite the Bullet…..you screwed up, now fix it!

137. Ray Kissell - June 2, 2007 4:02 pm

I am a63 year old fan!! No Jericho = no cbs

138. Melinda Brewster - June 4, 2007 10:04 am

Thank you for your comments. I am a 61-year-old graduate student who didn’t own a television for 25 years. I got one to watch old movies, came across “Jericho”, and got hooked. CBS needs to consider all of the numbers, not just Nielson, when making decisions. This is a great program, one, according to many posts on the “Jericho” message boards, that families could watch with their children without being embarrassed by nudity, profanity, etc. If CBS CARES, they should bring back “Jericho!”

139. Amber E - June 4, 2007 9:56 pm

SAVE JERICHO!!

WE NEED OUR WEDNESDAY FIX!!!

BRING BACK JERICHO!!

140. Fran - June 6, 2007 4:04 am

If Jericho goes then CBS will be gone for me. Jericho is a favorite of mine and I don’t take its loss lightly. SAVE JERICHO — GIVE US A SECOND SEASON!

Note to CBS Execs – I’m a 45 year old woman with discretionary income with which I purchase cars, shop at Target, etc. (I can’t recall all of the advertisers). Perhaps we’ll take out complaints to the advertisers!!

141. Larry - June 7, 2007 3:36 am

woooohoooo Jericho is comming back in 08′!!!! lol CBS got nuked in NUTS, we won ^_^

142. celticdragon - June 10, 2007 12:20 pm

I agree with many others here. No Jericho…no CBS!!!

143. Daniel Günther - July 18, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi!

1. Please aplogize my bad english.

2. Jericho just started in germany an i love the show. Its a shame to cancel it

144. debt help management - March 12, 2008 10:53 pm

What a nice site, been surfing on it for the whole night and day and i neva got bored for a single minute. Keep up your good work and all of the best in everything you do! :-)

145. it must be the madness » I’m Beat - May 29, 2008 9:01 am

[…] – “The Save Jericho Campaign Gets Positive Response from CBS“! Lordy! Sign the petition. And this, too. This looks promising, […]

146. Cher - May 31, 2008 12:57 am

See the new billboard that went up 5/27/08. Paid for by Jericho fans. Awesome! … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljP322HfBoA