jump to navigation

USA Network Orders Second Season of “The Starter Wife” October 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Cable TV, News, Renewals, Television, The Starter Wife, USA Network.
trackback

USA Network is turning its successful spring miniseries The Starter Wife into a weekly television series.

The Starter Wife averaged 4.5 million viewers through its six episode run from the middle of May through the end of June, drawing 3.12 million viewers for its sixth and final episode.

The network has greenlit production on 10 episodes, with Debra Messing set to return.  Production will begin in March with an expected early summer 2008 premiere.

Comments»

1. june robbins - December 23, 2007 10:50 pm

I LOVED the miniseries and can’t wait to see the next episodes. If you haven’t seen it, rent the DVD!!

2. lulu rodman - January 7, 2008 8:59 pm

best show since sex in the city!

3. Stephanie - January 9, 2008 10:50 pm

I’m sooooo excited about a new season! I sat here & googled for the info. Glad I found it! Smart of USA to bring it back!

4. Jo - January 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Hooray! I just rented season one and it is just as good as Sex in the City, Desperate Housewives. Great Show! Good Job Debra Messing and cast!

5. Katie - March 25, 2008 3:23 pm

I am sooo excited! I loved this series and hoped they would continue. Debra Messing is one of my fav actresses and I am so glad to see her on tv again. I Can’t wait!

6. Samantha - June 2, 2008 10:54 pm

Ok, I am 14 years old and I believe this is the best show I have ever seen, and I spend many hours watching tv. So last summer I would watch every episode start to finish. And even though I probably wasn’t allowed to see it, it taught me a lot in how women can present themselves and be strong. I am happy to find out it is back!

7. Lesly - June 30, 2008 11:47 am

When will the 2nd season air on television in the US?

8. T.C. - July 1, 2008 3:56 am

If there’s no strike by SAG (Screen Actor’s Guild), USA Network will air the new series in October 2008. For up-to-date news on the new “Starter Wife” series, casting info, etc…. go to the message board devoted to the series on http://forums.usanetwork.com

9. S.R. - October 23, 2008 9:11 pm

does anyone know the name of song/singer that was playing at the end of episode 3, “The Remains of the Snow Day”

i couldn’t catch all the lyrics, but the words were something like:

coming home as fast i can
don’t worry
don’t wait up for me
it’s alright

10. Amy - December 15, 2008 12:12 am

The final song in the show is
“It Makes Sense” by Emma Ejwertz.

11. Amy Liz - December 19, 2008 12:35 pm

Will Starter Wife begin again in 2009?