jump to navigation

Chiller TV Goes Live March 1st February 28, 2007 4:50 pm

Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Cable TV, Chiller TV, NBC Universal, News, Television.
trackback

NBC Universal has announced the official launch for their new cable network Chiller TV  for March 1.
To accompany the network launch, NBC Universal is teaming up with Lionsgate Home Entertainment to debut an online destination.

From the Press Release:

When NBC Universal Cable launches the new horror/thriller cable network Chiller on DirectTV on March 1st, the date also marks the debut of its new companion website — chillertv.com. While the 24-hour digital cable channel will be dedicated to the horror/thriller genre, Chillertv.com will become the designated online destination for horror fans.

The site will launch in partnership with Lionsgate Home Entertainment’s “After Dark Horrorfest” and Interactive Initiative. Horror fans will be able to visit http://www.horrorfest.chillertv.com and sample exclusive scenes and clips from all seven DVDs before they go on sale March 27th.

“We are thrilled to have Lionsgate Home Entertainment and Initiative Interactive be sponsors of the launch of chillertv.com,” said Dan Harrison, Senior Vice President, Emerging Networks, NBC Universal Cable. “This is a great example of a cross-media promotion that leverages both online and on-air in a single custom program”

“Initiative Interactive and Lionsgate Home Entertainment are excited to be a part of the thrilling launch of Chiller and Chillertv.com through the sponsorship of this custom program.” said Brian Ko, Media Director at Initiative Interactive. “By combining the engaging nature of online media with Chiller and Horrorfest material, viewers will experience horror entertainment on an entirely new interactive level.”

Source: [NBC Universal Cable]

Comments»

1. sandra - April 14, 2007 12:57 pm

please show “dark shadows” the series

2. OL-HARLEY - April 15, 2007 1:30 pm

CHILLER TV IS THE BEST

3. Doris - April 16, 2007 5:58 am

will this channel be available on Dish Network

4. Denise Smith - April 17, 2007 8:04 pm

Hello, please play movies of Vincent Price. thank you

5. rae - April 18, 2007 12:52 pm

I love the network but stop playing the same movies over and over. There are so many horror movies out there and I get tired of seeing the same ones on your network. I still like the network though.

6. Wm Jones 3rd - April 18, 2007 3:16 pm

I would like to see more horror movies from the 1960’s and also prehistoric movies. ex- the land time forgot and so on. Thank you

7. BRENDA MURRAY - April 21, 2007 5:15 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALL OF THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON MOVIES

8. Jennifer Guyton - April 22, 2007 11:21 pm

I would like to see Tales From The Darkside and more Series Of “Freddy` s Nightmares.”

9. Catherine MINTZ - April 23, 2007 8:46 am

How about showing the series V or the original Invaders with Roy Thinnis and please show some decent B horrow movies, not like that crap on the SciPi channel

10. nick.fioravanti - April 28, 2007 2:52 pm

hey guys i really like your show and i would really like more zombies movies please

11. jim fioravanti - April 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Hey chiller,
I really like your t.v. shows, could you please show more of the movie series with freddy kruger and jason vorhees.

12. terersita guerrero - April 30, 2007 8:22 am

HEYYYY how ya doin Welcome More up to date movies. Need more gore. REALLY scare me.

13. Andrea Sorsby - May 1, 2007 8:46 pm

I love you channel!!!! It is great, however you have way too many repeats. When are you going to have a Night Gallery marathron? I just love that show and Tales From the Dark Side series.

14. Andrea Sorsby - May 1, 2007 8:47 pm

When are you going to show some or if not all of the GREAT Vincent Price movies?

15. artie bonevich - May 8, 2007 6:57 pm

hello,,,i absolutely love the chiller channel,,i have been waiting for this my whole life,,,,i love the friday the 13th series and all the horror movies from the 80s,,i also love night gallery also,,,,if you could show ,masters of horror from showtime that would be great as it is very original,,,,,,,,,thanks

16. Ty - June 10, 2007 12:49 pm

When is it coming to Dish Network? Any date available?????

17. Russ T.C. - June 10, 2007 5:39 pm

I believe the network is exclusive to DirecTV, Ty.

18. Thomas M Deering - June 29, 2007 10:09 am

Will the chiller channel be comming to time warner cable

19. MARCIA SILVA - July 12, 2007 8:23 pm

Do you think you can get the series DARK SHADOWS ?

20. MARCIA SILVA - July 12, 2007 8:23 pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO AMERICAN GOTHIC!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Zonked - July 13, 2007 1:11 pm

I’m on DirecTV and I lost the chiller when I dropped the total choice plus package. I signed up for the family package and added starz,Encore movie packs. DirecTV makes you really pay for it by forcing you into the upper tier programming. If Time Warner adds it,I’ll dump direcTV.

22. FAN - July 30, 2007 5:56 am

Could you get the series DARK SHADOWS, PLease??

23. Ronald Ramsey - January 11, 2008 4:53 pm

I would like to see ,Thriller with Boris Karloff plus more of Kolchalk the night Stalker with Darren Magaven.

24. csf - July 12, 2008 12:52 am

please show freddys nightmare series

25. Linda - July 15, 2008 9:21 pm

will this channel come to Cox cable?

26. shams - January 3, 2009 7:14 am

I like this Site. It Was Quite Interesting

27. shams.pri - January 7, 2009 8:57 am

Amazing Site I like it. It Was Quite Interesting NiceWork I appreciate the information you provided. Good day