jump to navigation

New Line Hopes for The Hobbit in 2009 February 20, 2007 12:00 pm

Posted by Rosario T. Calabria in Movies, New Line, News, The Hobbit.
trackback

New Line founder and co-chairman Robert K. Shaye told the New York Times that the studio is looking to release The Hobbit in 2009

And he would not comment on reports in the news media that the “Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi had been asked to direct “The Hobbit.” He said, however, that although there was no workable script yet for the film, he intended to release it in 2009.

It’s good to hear that they are still planning to release the film, though I’m finding it hard to imagine anyone other than Peter Jackson in the directors chair.

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: