CBS wins the evening in a close race with ABC. Jericho improves, while Kidnapped dips.
CBS finished first for the evening with an 9.5/15 HH rating and second in A18-49 with a 4.5 rating.
- Jericho had a very promising second week, increasing its A18-49 rating from a decent 3.2 last week to a much better 3.7 this week. Comparing the Fast Nationals of last week, it was virtually unchanged in viewers (7.5 HH Rating, 11.40M viewers to 7.4 HH Rating, 11.38M viewers ). Finals for last week put the show at 11.66M viewers.
ABC followed in second place with a 8.3/14 HH rating, and third in A18-49, delivering a 4.2 rating in that demo.
- A special 20/20 (featuring Barbara Walters interviewing Terri Irwin, the widow of Steve Irwin) did very well on the night with 13.34M viewers and tied for first in A18-49 with a 5.1.
FOX finished in third place with a 4.8/8 HH rating, and a 2.7 A18-49 rating.
- Bones and Justice remained steady (7.73M and 7.08M viewers, respectively)
NBC followed in fourth for the evening delivering a 4.5/7 HH rating and tied for third place in A18-49, with a 2.6 rating.
- Kidnapped, already the victim of a slow start, lost viewers. From the Fast Nationals last week: 7.53 to 6.31. Final numbers for last week: 7.59M.
The CW finished in fifth for the evening delivering a 3.0/5 HH rating and a 2.1 A18-49 rating.
- America’s Next Top Model remains strong with 4.80M viewers.
- One Tree Hill opens slightly higher than last season’s season premiere; 3.64M vs. 3.46M.
- Comparing the same frame last season, this was an increase for The CW of 15% (ANTM and Veronica Mars last season).
Source: Fast National Numbers from Nielsen Media Research
The ratings for all the programs that aired last night are viewable below in chart form (click to enlarge):