Samuel L. Jackson has joined the cast of MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 Paul Verhoeven sci-fi movie Robocop. According to Heat Vision | THR, Jackson will play Pat Novak, “a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.”
Robocop stars Joel Kinnaman as Alex Murphy/Robocop and Gary Oldman as […]
Gary Oldman has joined the cast of Jose Padilha’s Robocop. Oldman will star opposite Joel Kinnaman in the MGM remake [via Heat Vision | THR]:
Kinnaman (The Killing) plays the title character, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police […]
Deadline has confirmed an earlier scoop that Joel Kinnaman had been offered the title role in Jose Padilha’s Robocop remake and the actor has now accepted the part.
Peter Weller starred in the title role in the 1987 Paul Verhoeven classic. Josh Zetumer wrote the script for the […]
MGM has reportedly offered Swedish actor Joel Kinnaman (“The Killing”) the lead role in the studio’s upcoming remake of the 1987 sci-fi action movie Robocop.
As previously reported, Robocop is being directed by Jose Padilha.
Sources: @TheInSneider | Variety & Heat Vision | […]
MGM has hired Nick Schenk (“Gran Torino”) to write the screenplay to the Jose Padilha-directed action sci-fi reboot RoboCop.
According to Heat Vision | THR, the studio is hoping to begin production this summer, but thus far no one has been cast in the title […]
Twitch is reporting that MGM is interested in Chris Pine for the lead role in the studio’s upcoming reboot of Robocop. The sci-fi project will be directed by Jose Padiha, although Twitch notes that it’s not clear whether Padilha is on board with the decision to go […]
Cross-posted at TrekMovie.com
In this week’s Sci-Fi Movies column Superman gets a daddy and reveals more details, The Hobbit starts filming, Robocop and Daredevil pick up a directors while Wolverine loses one, and more details including Captain America synopsis and image.
Summary of Column Contents
- Confirmed: Kevin Costner is Jonathan Kent in Zack Snyder’s Superman
- Filming begins on The Hobbit + New set images
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt cast in “The Dark Knight Rises”, but role unconfirmed
- Official synopsis for Captain America: The First Avenger + New photo and clip
- Hunger Games author comments on casting of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss
- David Slade to direct new Daredevil movie
- Martin Sheen praises The Amazing Spider-Man’s Andrew Garfield + Lizard confirmed
- MGM changes Red Dawn remake villains from the Chinese to the North Koreans
- New synopsis for Joss Whedon’s The Avengers
- Darren Aronofksy pulls out of The Wolverine
- Jose Padilha closes deal to direct Robocop
- Star Trek’s Chris Pine in contention for Akira
- Paramount ends quest to develop new Dune movie.
- New “Director’s Cut” of Albert Pyun’s Captain America on the way
- World War Z in danger
All that and more plus the latest casting bites, images and videos.
Continue reading TrekMovie.com Sci-Fi Movies: Superman, Captain America, The Hobbit, The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Wolverine, Robocop + more
Deadline is reporting that Josh Zetumer has been hired by MGM to write the studio’s planned reboot of the 1987 sci-fi hit Robocop. Jose Padilha recently boarded the project as its director. Darren Aronofsky was originally tapped to direct the project, but he left it to pursue “The Wolverine” during MGM’s funding […]
Deadline is reporting that Brazilian director Jose Padilha is in talks with MGM to direct the remake to the 1987 film Robocop.
Darren Aronofsky (“Black Swan”) was originally attached to direct the project.
Click on over to Deadline for complete details.