Deadline is reporting that Fox has canceled Breaking In and Human Target.
Here are the season averages for both shows:
- “Human Target”
- 3.7/6 HH rating/share, 6.335M viewers, 1.7/5 A18-49 rating/share.
- “Breaking In”
- 4.7/7 HH rating/share, 8.020M viewers, 2.8/7 A18-49 rating/share.
My quick thoughts/analysis after the jump.
Neither show was particularly strong, but it is somewhat surprising that Fox decided to cancel Breaking In so quickly. Since premiering with 9.816M viewers and a 3.5/9 A18-49 rating/share, the three episodes following have declined only minimally indicating possible strength:
- Episode 1: 9.816M viewers, 3.5 A18-49 rating
- Episode 2: 7.790M viewers, 2.6 A18-49 rating
- Episode 3: 7.464M viewers, 2.5 A18-49 rating
- Episode 4: 7.010M viewers, 2.4 A18-49 rating
Some of the same points can also be made about Human Target. During 10 airings on Wednesday night, the second season averaged 5.726M viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating. But Fox decided to give the show a Monday night airing and it actually perked up quite nicely, drawing 7.745M and a 2.1 A18-49 rating (which were then season highs). Its next two episodes — the last of the season — aired out of “American Idol”, drawing ratings of 9.221M / 2.6 and 8.126M / 2.3, respectively.