This is the second part of a continuing column that will look at the ratings and rankings for the new shows that have premiered this season — currently at 21. You can view Part 1 here. (Ratings through 10/15/2010).
* There have been three cancellations for new shows so far this season: “Outlaw”, “My Generation” and “Lone Star”.
We’re now into the fourth week for most new shows — and weeks five and six for others, such as “Nikita” and “Hellcats” — so it’s time to check into the ratings for the new shows.
Not surprisingly, CBS holds a clear and basically insurmountable advantage over its competition. CBS new show programming — Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods, Mike & Molly, $#*! My Dad Says and The Defendors — is averaging 11.341M viewers with a 3.0/9 A18-49 rating and a 7.1/12 HH rating/share.
Compared to premiere week for the network — 12.839M viewers / 3.4 A18-49 rating / 8.0 HH rating — CBS is down 12% in viewers, 12% in A18-49 rating and 11% in HH rating.
CBS’ top-rated new show among viewers and HH rating is Hawaii Five-O (12.466M / 3.5 A18-49 rating / 7.9 HH rating), while Mike & Molly is the most-watched new show among adults 18-49 with a 3.8/9 rating/share (with 11.571M viewers and a 7.1/11 HH rating/share).
During premiere week, $#*! My Dad Says was the top-rated A18-49 show (4.0 rating), but the William Shatner comedy has dropped to an average A18-49 rating of 3.4 (with an average audience of 10.736M viewers and a 6.5 HH rating).
Here are the averages for NBC (6 new shows), ABC (5 new shows), Fox (3 new shows) and The CW (2 new shows), along with their percentage declines from premiere week in parentheses:
- NBC: 4.5/7 HH rating/share [-22%], 7.076M viewers [-24%] and a 2.2/6 A18-49 rating/share [-24%].
- ABC: 4.3/7 HH rating/share [-10%], 6.694M viewers [-12%] and a 1.9/6 A18-49 rating/share [-14%].
- Fox: 2.9/5 HH rating/share [-15%], 4.870M viewers [-14%] and a 1.9/5 A18-49 rating/share [-17%].
- The CW: 1.7/3 HH rating/share [-19%], 2.744M viewers [-17%] and a 1.1/3 A18-49 rating/share [-15%].
Click over the jump for charts for viewers, A18-49 rating/share and HH rating/share as well as by individual network.
Ranked by Viewers
Ranked by Adult 18-49 Rating
Ranked by HH Rating
And here are charts for CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and The CW (all ranked by Viewers).
Source: Nielsen Live + SD Final National Ratings