|Network||HH Rating/Share||Viewers||A18-49 Rating/Share|
Complete ratings and breakdowns, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follows after the jump.
Note: Due to the unavailability of the fast affiliate data last week, “Last Week” numbers in todays report are based on final national data. Additionally, HH rating/share data was not available for this evening.
FOX finished in first place for the evening with 5.75 million viewers and a 1.7/6 rating/share among adults 18-49.
2.9/6 HH rating [#3]
4.69M viewers [#3]
1.5/5 A18-49 rating [#2]
- Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for Fox only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 7:30 p.m.: MLB NLCS Game 1: San Francisco Giants at Philadelphia Phillies (4.2/8 HH rating/share, 7.13M viewers, 2.1/7 A18-49 rating/share).
Last weeks numbers (Cops – 8:00-8:30):
Households – 2.6/5
Viewers – 4.11M
Adults 18-49 – 1.2/5
Last weeks numbers (America’s Most Wanted – 9:00-10:00):
Households – 3.1/6
Viewers – 5.03M
Adults 18-49 – 1.7/6
ABC followed in second place for the evening with 5.12 million viewers and a 1.4/5 rating/share among adults 18-49.
3.0/6 HH rating [#1]
4.80M viewers [#1]
1.6/6 A18-49 rating [#1]
- Note: Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for ABC only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 7:30 p.m.: NASCAR Racing: Bank of America 500 (3.2/6 HH rating/share, 5.35M viewers, 1.5/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Last weeks numbers (ABC Saturday Night College Football: Pre-Game – 8:00-8:06):
Households – 2.3/5
Viewers – 3.51M
Adults 18-49 – 0.9/4
Last weeks numbers (ABC Saturday Night College Football: Florida State at Miami / USC at Stanford – 8:06-11:52):
Households – 3.1/6
Viewers – 5.05M
Adults 18-49 – 1.7/6
CBS finished in third place for the evening with 5.06 million viewers and a 1.0/3 rating/share among adults 18-49.
3.5/7 HH rating [#2]
5.18M viewers [#2]
1.0/3 A18-49 [#3]
- 8:00 p.m.: CSI-REPEAT (4.45M viewers, 0.9/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: The Mentalist-REPEAT (5.29M viewers, 1.0/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: 48 Hours Mystery (5.44M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 4.0/8
Viewers – 5.82M to 5.44M (-6.5%/-0.38M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.3/4 to 1.1/4 (-15%)
NBC followed in fourth place for the evening with 3.92 million viewers and a 0.9/3 rating/share among adults 18-49.
2.2/4 HH rating [#4]
3.22M viewers [#4]
0.7/3 A18-49 rating [#4]
- 8:00 p.m.: The first burn-off episode of the canceled drama series Outlaw (3.54M viewers, 0.6/2 A18-49 rating/share).
Episode-to-episode numbers (FRI, 10/8/2010 – 10:00-11:00):
Households – 2.8/5
Viewers – 4.10M to 3.54M (-14%/-0.56M)
Adults 18-49 – 0.9/3 to 0.6/2 (-33%)
- 9:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Los Angeles-REPEAT (3.46M viewers, 0.7/2 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit-REPEAT (4.76M viewers, 1.3/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Notes: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on preliminary data. Comparisons from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on preliminary data. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final numbers for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final numbers for tonight’s episode of “48 Hours Mystery” will be reported in next weeks report for Saturday, October 23, 2010. Also keep in mind that because these are preliminary numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next weeks report.
Source: The Nielsen Company | Ratings information on this page consists of Preliminary and/or Final National numbers which include both Live viewing and DVR playback for the Same Day (defined as Live + Same Day or 3am-3am viewing). | Daily ratings figures can be found at PI Feedback, Zap2It and TV by the Numbers.