|Network||HH Rating/Share||Viewers||A18-49 Rating/Share|
Complete ratings and breakdowns, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follows after the jump.
Note: Due to the unavailability of the fast affiliate data last week, “Last Week” numbers in todays report are based on final national data. Additionally, HH rating/share data was not available for this evening.
CBS finished in first place for the evening with 8.55 million viewers and a 2.9/10 rating/share among adults 18-49.
4.0/8 HH rating [#1]
6.02M viewers [#1]
1.1/4 A18-49 [#3]
- Note: Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for CBS only, are based on the final national numbers as soon as they are made available.
- 8:00 p.m.: CBS College Football: Florida at Alabama (5.0/10 HH rating/share, 8.59M viewers, 2.9/10 A18-49 rating/share).
Last week’s numbers (48 Hours Mystery – 10:00-11:00 – season 24 premiere):
Households – 4.3/8
Viewers – 6.28M
Adults 18-49 – 1.3/4
FOX followed in a tie for second place for the evening with 4.54 million viewers and was alone in second among adults 18-49 with a 1.4/5 rating/share.
2.9/6 HH rating [#3]
4.57M viewers [#3]
1.5/5 A18-49 rating [#2]
- 8:00 p.m.: Cops & Cops-REPEAT (4.62M viewers, 1.3/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Last week’s numbers (Cops – 8:00-8:30):
Households – 2.5/5
Viewers – 4.11M
Adults 18-49 – 1.4/5
- 9:00 p.m.: America’s Most Wanted (4.45M viewers, 1.4/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 3.0/6
Viewers – 4.69M to 4.45M (-5%/-0.24M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.6/5 to 1.4/5 (-12.5%)
NBC finished in a tie for second place for the evening with 4.54 million viewers, but was fourth among adults 18-49 with a 1.0/3 rating/share.
2.6/5 HH rating [#4]
3.86M viewers [#4]
0.8/3 A18-49 rating [#4]
- 8:00 p.m.: The Event-REPEAT (3.31M viewers, 0.7/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Los Angeles-REPEAT (4.46M viewers, 0.9/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit-REPEAT (5.85M viewers, 1.4/5 A18-49 rating/share).
ABC followed in fourth place for the evening with 3.99 million viewers, but managed a third place finish among adults 18-49 with a 1.3/4 rating/share.
3.4/7 HH rating [#2]
5.53M viewers [#2]
1.9/7 A18-49 rating [#1]
- Note: Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for ABC only, are based on the final national numbers as soon as they are made available.
- 8:00 p.m.: ABC Saturday Night College Football: Pre-Game (2.2/5 HH rating/share, 3.27M viewers, 0.9/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Week-to-week numbers (ABC Saturday Night College Football: Pre-Game – 8:00-8:06):
Households – 2.3/5 to 2.2/5 (-4%)
Viewers – 3.66M to 3.27M (-11%/-0.39M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.1/4 to 0.9/4 (-18%)
- 8:06 p.m.: ABC Saturday Night College Football: Notre Dame at Boston College (3.0/6 HH rating/share, 4.87M viewers, 1.6/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Week-to-week numbers (ABC Saturday Night College Football: Oregon State at Boise State – 8:06-11:25):
Households – 3.4/7 to 3.0/6 (-12%)
Viewers – 5.59M to 4.87M (-13%/-0.72M)
Adults 18-49 – 2.0/7 to 1.6/5 (-20%)
Notes: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on preliminary data. Comparisons from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on preliminary data. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final numbers for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final numbers for tonight’s episode of “CBS College Football: Florida at Alabama” will be reported in next weeks report for Saturday, October 9, 2010. Also keep in mind that because these are preliminary numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next weeks report.
Source: The Nielsen Company | Ratings information on this page consists of Preliminary and/or Final National numbers which include both Live viewing and DVR playback for the Same Day (defined as Live + Same Day or 3am-3am viewing). | Daily ratings figures can be found at PI Feedback, Zap2It and TV by the Numbers.