|Network||HH Rating/Share||Viewers||A18-49 Rating/Share|
Complete ratings and breakdowns, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follows after the jump.
Note: Due to the unavailability of the fast affiliate data last week, “Last Week” numbers in today’s report are based on final national data. Additionally, HH rating/share data was not available for this evening.
CBS finished in first place for the evening with 5.98 million viewers, but was third among adults 18-49 with a 1.1/4 rating/share.
3.1/6 HH rating [#2]
4.45M viewers [#2]
1.0/3 A18-49 [#3]
- 8:00 p.m.: Hawaii Five-O-REPEAT (6.12M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Blue Bloods-REPEAT (5.60M viewers, 1.0/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: The 24th season premiere of 48 Hours Mystery (5.98M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Season premiere comparison (9/19/2009 – season 23 premiere):
Households – 3.8/7
Viewers – 5.51M to 5.98M (+8.5%/+0.47M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.4/4 to 1.1/4 (-21%)
ABC followed in second place for the evening with 4.66 million viewers, but managed a first place finish among adults 18-49 with a 1.7/6 rating/share.
4.5/9 HH rating [#1]
7.24M viewers [#1]
2.3/8 A18-49 rating [#1]
- Note: Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for ABC only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 8:00 p.m.: ABC Saturday Night College Football: Pre-Game (2.3/5 HH rating/share, 3.66M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Week-to-week numbers (ABC Saturday Night College Football: Pre-Game – 8:00-8:06):
Households – 3.0/6 to 2.3/5 (-23%)
Viewers – 4.62M to 3.66M (-21%/-0.96M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.2/5 to 1.1/4 (-8%)
- 8:06 p.m.: ABC Saturday Night College Football: Oregon State at Boise State (3.4/7 HH rating/share, 5.59M viewers, 2.0/7 A18-49 rating/share).
Week-to-week numbers (ABC Saturday Night College Football: Notre Dame at Michigan State / Texas at Texas Tech – 8:06-11:45):
Households – 4.7/9 to 3.4/7 (-28%)
Viewers – 7.53M to 5.59M (-26%/-1.94M)
Adults 18-49 – 2.5/9 to 2.0/7 (-20%)
FOX finished in third place for the evening with 4.53 million viewers, but managed a second place finish among adults 18-49 with a 1.5/5 rating/share.
2.7/5 HH rating [#3]
4.37M viewers [#3]
1.4/5 A18-49 rating [#2]
- 8:00 p.m.: Cops & Cops-REPEAT (4.41M viewers, 1.5/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Last week’s numbers (Cops – 8:30-8:59):
Households – 2.3/5
Viewers – 3.70M
Adults 18-49 – 1.1/4
- 9:00 p.m.: America’s Most Wanted (4.66M viewers, 1.6/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 2.8/5
Viewers – 4.64M to 4.66M (+0%/+0.02M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.6/5 to 1.6/5 (n/c)
NBC followed in fourth place for the evening with 3.98 million viewers and a 0.8/3 rating/share among adults 18-49.
1.2/2 HH rating [#4]
1.77M viewers [#4]
0.5/2 A18-49 rating [#4]
- 8:00 p.m.: The Event-REPEAT (3.11M viewers, 0.7/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Chase-REPEAT (4.20M viewers, 0.8/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit-REPEAT (4.63M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Notes: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on preliminary data. Comparisons from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on preliminary data. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final numbers for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final numbers for tonight’s episode of “ABC Saturday Night College Football: Oregon State at Boise State” will be reported in next weeks report for Saturday, October 2, 2010. Also keep in mind that because these are preliminary numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next weeks report.
Source: The Nielsen Company | Ratings information on this page consists of Preliminary and/or Final National numbers which include both Live viewing and DVR playback for the Same Day (defined as Live + Same Day or 3am-3am viewing). | Daily ratings figures can be found at PI Feedback, Zap2It and TV by the Numbers.