Deadline is reporting that TNT is close to picking up the Jada Pinkett Smith medical drama Hawthorne for a third season.
I hear the network will announce a 10-episode pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith tomorrow.
The second year drama averaged a 2.1/3 HH rating/share, 3.09 million viewers and a 0.9/3 A18-49 rating/share this season.
With TNT having already renewed “The Closer”, “Rizzoli & Isles”, “Leverage” and “Memphis Beat” earlier in the summer, the only summer drama left for them to make a decision on is Dark Blue. The cop drama just so happens to be the network’s weakest performer (averaging 2.34M viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating ahead of its two-episode season finale on September 15).
Click over the jump for season averages for all six of TNT’s summer dramas.
- The Closer: 4.7/7 HH rating/share, 7.21M viewers and a 1.4/4 A18-49 rating/share
- Rizzoli & Isles: 4.5/8 HH rating/share, 6.89M viewers and a 1.5/4 A18-49 rating/share
- Memphis Beat: 2.4/8 HH rating/share, 3.63M viewers and a 0.8/3 A18-49 rating/share
- Leverage: 2.1/3 HH rating/share, 3.33M viewers and a 1.0/3 A18-49 rating/share
- Hawthorne: 2.1/3 HH rating/share, 3.09M viewers and a 0.9/3 A18-49 rating/share
- Dark Blue: 1.6/3 HH rating/share, 2.34M viewers and a 0.6/2 A18-49 rating/share
Note: The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles and Dark Blue have not aired complete seasons yet. Ratings current as of 9/14/2010.