|Network||HH Rating/Share||Viewers||A18-49 Rating/Share|
Complete ratings and breakdowns, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follows after the jump.
Note: Due to the unavailability of the fast affiliate data last week, “Last Week” numbers in today’s report are based on final national data. Additionally, HH rating/share data was not available for this evening.
CBS finished in first place for the evening with 6.89 million viewers and a 2.3/8 rating/share among adults 18-49.
2.4/5 HH rating [#t2]
3.55M viewers [#3]
0.7/3 A18-49 [#3]
- Note: Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for CBS only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 8:00 p.m.: NFL Preseason: Dallas Cowboys @ Houston Texans (3.9/8 HH rating/share, 6.44M viewers, 2.2/8 A18-49 rating/share).
FOX followed in second place for the evening with 4.51 million viewers and a 1.4/5 rating/share among adults 18-49.
2.4/5 HH rating [#t2]
3.95M viewers [#2]
1.3/5 A18-49 rating [#2]
- 8:00 p.m.: Cops-REPEAT & Cops-REPEAT (4.17M viewers, 1.3/5 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:30 p.m.: America’s Most Wanted (4.86M viewers, 1.5/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 2.6/5
Viewers – 4.33M to 4.86M (+12%/+0.53M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.4/5 to 1.5/5 (+7%)
ABC finished in third place for the evening with 4.20 million viewers and a 1.2/4 rating/share among adults 18-49.
3.5/7 HH rating [#1]
5.97M viewers [#1]
1.8/7 A18-49 rating [#1]
- 8:00 p.m.: Movie – Meet the Fockers-REPEAT (4.47M viewers, 1.4/5 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Castle-REPEAT (3.67M viewers, 0.9/3 A18-49 rating/share).
Last week’s numbers (NASCAR Sprint Cup: Bristol – 7:30-11:00):
Households – 3.5/7
Viewers – 5.84M
Adults 18-49 – 1.7/7
NBC followed in fourth place for the evening with 3.32 million viewers and a 0.9/3 rating/share among adults 18-49.
1.6/3 HH rating [#4]
2.30M viewers [#4]
0.5/2 A18-49 rating [#4]
- Note: NBC programming was preempted in several markets for NFL preseason football. Because of that, the following program data is based on the final national numbers.
- 8:00 p.m.: Persons Unknown (1.0/2 HH rating/share, 1.44M viewers, 0.3/1 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 0.9/2
Viewers – 1.33M to 1.44M (+8%/+0.11M)
Adults 18-49 – 0.3/1 to 0.3/1 (n/c)
- 9:00 p.m.: The series finale of Persons Unknown (1.1/2 HH rating/share, 1.58M viewers, 0.4/1 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC)-REPEAT (2.2/4 HH rating/share, 3.09M viewers, 0.8/3 A18-49 rating/share).
Notes: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on preliminary data. Comparisons from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on preliminary data. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final numbers for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final numbers for tonight’s episode of “America’s Most Wanted” will be reported in next weeks report for Saturday, September 4, 2010. Also keep in mind that because these are preliminary numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next weeks report.
Source: The Nielsen Company | Ratings information on this page consists of Preliminary and/or Final National numbers which include both Live viewing and DVR playback for the Same Day (defined as Live + Same Day or 3am-3am viewing). | Daily ratings figures can be found at PI Feedback, Zap2It and TV by the Numbers.