|Network||HH Rating/Share||Viewers||A18-49 Rating/Share|
Complete ratings and breakdowns, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follows after the jump.
Note: Due to the unavailability of the fast affiliate data last week, “Last Week” numbers in today’s report are based on final national data. Additionally, HH rating/share data was not available for this evening.
And as a final note, you may notice that ratings were higher than usual this night, especially for Persons Unknown which was up triple digits in from its last airing. These changes are a result of NFL preseason that pre-empted original programming in many markets (for instance NBC’s Cleveland affiliate WKYC broadcast the Cleveland Browns / St. Louis Rams game). Same goes for FOX and CBS programming. [UPDATE]: Edited report to reflect preemptions.
CBS finished in first place for the evening with 6.45 million viewers, but was second among adults 18-49 with a 1.6/6 rating/share.
2.9/6 HH rating [#1]
4.48M viewers [#1]
0.9/3 A18-49 [#2]
- 8:00 p.m.: Cold Case-REPEAT (5.79M viewers, 1.3/5 A18-49 rating/share).
- 8:30 p.m.: Cold Case-REPEAT (6.62M viewers, 1.6/6 A18-49 rating/share).
Last week’s numbers (PGA Championship Golf – 2:30-8:12):
Households – 2.8/7
Viewers – 4.09M
Adults 18-49 – 0.8/4
- 9:00 p.m.: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation-REPEAT (6.47M viewers, 1.6/6 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:30 p.m.: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation-REPEAT (6.66M viewers, 1.7/6 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: 48 Hours Mystery-REPEAT (6.62M viewers, 1.7/6 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:30 p.m.: 48 Hours Mystery-REPEAT (6.60M viewers, 1.7/6 A18-49 rating/share).
ABC followed in fourth place for the evening with 5.95 million viewers and a 1.8/6 rating/share among adults 18-49.
1.1/2 HH rating [#4]
1.58M viewers [#4]
0.4/2 A18-49 rating [#4]
- Note: Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for ABC only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 7:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup: Bristol (3.5/7 HH rating/share, 5.84M viewers, 1.7/7 A18-49 rating/share).
FOX followed in second place for the evening with 5.31 million viewers, but managed a first place finish among adults 18-49 with a 1.7/6 rating/share.
2.5/5 HH rating [#2]
3.97M viewers [#2]
1.2/5 A18-49 rating [#1]
Note: Due to multiple preemptions related to football the following numbers, for FOX only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 8:00 p.m.: Cops-REPEAT (2.0/4 HH rating/share, 3.19M viewers, 1.0/4 A18-49 rating/share).
- 8:30 p.m.: Cops-REPEAT (2.4/5 HH rating/share, 3.96M viewers, 1.2/4 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: America’s Most Wanted (2.6/5 HH rating/share, 4.33M viewers, 1.4/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 2.7/5 to 2.6/5
Viewers – 4.17M to 4.33M (+4%/+0.16M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.3/5 to 1.4/5 (+8%)
NBC finished in third place for the evening with 4.39 million viewers and a 1.2/4 rating/share among adults 18-49.
1.5/3 HH rating [#3]
2.28M viewers [#3]
0.6/2 A18-49 rating [#3]
Note: Due to multiple preemptions related to football the following numbers, for NBC only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 8:00 p.m.: Persons Unknown (0.9/2 HH rating/share, 1.33M viewers, 0.3/1 A18-49 rating/share).
Episode-to-episode numbers (8/7/2010):
Households – 0.9/2 to 0.9/2 (n/c)
Viewers – 1.26M to 1.33M (+6%/+0.07M)
Adults 18-49 – 0.4/2 to 0.3/1 (-25%)
Last week’s numbers (U.S. Gymnastics Championship – 8:00-10:00):
Households – 1.5/3
Viewers – 2.28M
Adults 18-49 – 0.6/3
- 9:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC)-REPEAT(1.5/3 HH rating/share, 2.05M viewers, 0.4/1 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC) (2.5/5 HH rating/share, 3.52M viewers, 0.6/2 A18-49 rating/share).
Notes: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on preliminary data. Comparisons from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on preliminary data. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final numbers for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final numbers for tonight’s episode of “America’s Most Wanted” will be reported in next weeks report for Saturday, August 28, 2010. Also keep in mind that because these are preliminary numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next weeks report.
Source: The Nielsen Company | Ratings information on this page consists of Preliminary and/or Final National numbers which include both Live viewing and DVR playback for the Same Day (defined as Live + Same Day or 3am-3am viewing). | Daily ratings figures can be found at PI Feedback, Zap2It and TV by the Numbers.