|Network||HH Rating/Share||Viewers||A18-49 Rating/Share|
Complete ratings and breakdowns, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follows after the jump.
CBS finished in first place for the evening with a 4.2/8 HH rating/share and 6.620 million viewers, but was second among adults 18-49 with a 1.7/5 rating/share.
5.0/9 HH rating [#1]
7.88M viewers [#1]
2.0/6 A18-49 rating [#2]
- 8:00 p.m.: Big Brother (4.5/8 HH rating/share, 7.45M viewers, 2.4/9 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 4.3/8 to 4.5/8 (+5%)
Viewers – 7.24M to 7.45M (+3%/+0.21M)
Adults 18-49 – 2.4/8 to 2.4/9 (n/c)
Episode-to-episode numbers (WED; 8/18/2010):
Households – 4.4/8 to 4.5/8 (+2%)
Viewers – 7.61M to 7.45M (-2%/-0.16M)
Adults 18-49 – 2.6/9 to 2.4/9 (-8%)
- 9:00 p.m.: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation-REPEAT (3.6/6 HH rating/share, 5.61M viewers, 1.2/4 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: The Mentalist-REPEAT (4.5/8 HH rating/share, 6.79M viewers, 1.3/4 A18-49 rating/share).
ABC followed in second place for the evening with a 3.6/6 HH rating/share and 5.714 million viewers, but was third among adults 18-49 with a 1.5/5 rating/share.
3.5/6 HH rating [#3]
5.66M viewers [#3]
1.5/5 A18-49 rating [#3]
- 8:00 p.m.: Wipeout-REPEAT (3.7/7 HH rating/share, 6.57M viewers, 1.8/6 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Rookie Blue (4.1/7 HH rating/share, 6.43M viewers, 1.7/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 3.7/6 to 4.1/7 (+11%)
Viewers – 5.97M to 6.43M (+8%/+0.46M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.6/5 to 1.7/5 (+6%)
- 10:00 p.m.: NightlinePrime – Secrets of Your Mind: Why We Do What We Do (2.9/5 HH rating/share, 4.15M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Last week’s numbers (Boston Med):
Households – 3.1/5
Viewers – 4.47M
Adults 18-49 – 1.1/3
FOX finished in third place for the evening with a 3.4/6 HH rating/share and 5.559 million viewers, but managed a first place finish among adults 18-49 with a 1.9/6 rating/share.
4.3/8 HH rating [#2]
7.19M viewers [#2]
2.4/8 A18-49 rating [#1]
- Note: Due to the live sporting event the following numbers, for FOX only, are based on the final national numbers.
- 8:00 p.m.: NFL Preseason Football: Pre-Kick (2.9/6 HH rating/share, 4.39M viewers, 1.5/6 A18-49 rating/share).
- 8:08 p.m.: NFL Preseason Football: New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons (3.7/7 HH rating/share, 5.79M viewers, 2.1/7 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:49 p.m.: NFL Preseason Football: Post-Game (2.5/5 HH rating/share, 3.98M viewers, 1.6/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Last week’s numbers (So You Think You Can Dance – seventh season finale):
Households – 4.1/7
Viewers – 6.75M
Adults 18-49 – 2.3/7
NBC followed in fourth place for the evening with a 2.0/4 HH rating/share, 2.952 million viewers and a 1.0/3 rating/share among adults 18-49.
2.2/4 HH rating [#4]
3.17M viewers [#4]
1.2/4 A18-49 rating [#4]
- 8:00 p.m.: Community-REPEAT (1.8/3 HH rating/share, 2.59M viewers, 0.8/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 8:30 p.m.: 30 Rock-REPEAT (1.8/3 HH rating/share, 2.63M viewers, 0.9/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: The Office-REPEAT (1.7/3 HH rating/share, 2.64M viewers, 1.1/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:30 p.m.: Parks and Recreation-REPEAT (1.6/3 HH rating/share, 2.31M viewers, 1.0/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit-REPEAT (2.7/5 HH rating/share, 3.77M viewers, 1.2/4 A18-49 rating/share).
The CW finished in fifth place for the evening with a 1.0/2 HH rating/share, 1.500 million viewers and a 0.5/2 rating/share among adults 18-49.
0.9/2 HH rating [#5]
1.39M viewers [#5]
0.6/2 A18-49 rating [#5]
- 8:00 p.m.: The Vampire Diaries-REPEAT (1.0/2 HH rating/share, 1.60M viewers, 0.5/2 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Moonlight-REPEAT (0.9/2 HH rating/share, 1.40M viewers, 0.5/1 A18-49 rating/share).
Notes: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on preliminary data. Comparisons from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on preliminary data. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final numbers for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final numbers for tonight’s episode of “Big Brother” will be reported in next weeks report for Thursday, August 26, 2010. Also keep in mind that because these are preliminary numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next weeks report.
Source: The Nielsen Company | Ratings information on this page consists of Preliminary and/or Final National numbers which include both Live viewing and DVR playback for the Same Day (defined as Live + Same Day or 3am-3am viewing). | Daily ratings figures can be found at PI Feedback, Zap2It and TV by the Numbers.