Update: IGN is reporting that Jonah Nolan will be co-writing the film along with David Goyer.
Original article follows below
Latino Review is reporting that Warner Brothers has hired David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight) to pen the screenplay for the next Superman film The Man of Steel. Goyer’s take on the project, whose development is being “mentored” by Christopher Nolan, reportedly “takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation. Modern. Believable. FUN!”
Superman Returns star Brandon Routh will not reprise his role and director Bryan Singer is not expected to return. According to Latino Review, the film will not be an origin story and will involve both Lex Luthor and Braniac:
So you will believe un hombre can fly! Te Juro. The talented David Stephen Goyer, the man who made sure Nolan stuck to the legend of El Dark Knight, has been hired to write the next chapter. Here is what El Taco can tell all you ninos….
1. Thomas Tull, the head of Legendary, got tired of all the discussion and decided chingate, let’s do it. So he went to Goyer and Goyer had an idea that actually takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation. Modern. Believable. FUN! So Tull got Goyer hired.
2. The film will not be called Superman and will be called THE MAN OF STEEL.
3. Brandon Routh will not star in the film.
4. Nic Cage will NOT star in the fllm (lol)
5. Bryan Singer is not expected to direct.
Conoces como Mark Millar walks around acting like he was going to write it? El Taco discovered that this was always BULLSHIT. Paul Levitz hated the guy and he was never even discussed to write it. He made all that “almost” stuff up.
I can tell you that Goyer’s story involves Luthor and Brainiac. It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry. I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet. And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology.