President Obama’s live prime time speech announcing an additional 30,000 troops and a new strategy for the war in Afghanistan drew 40.77 million viewers or a 25.9/44 HH rating/share.
The speech is the third most-watched speech/press conference since the President took office and 27% above the President’s most recent prime time address (32.11 million viewers (20.6/35 HH rating/share) for his 9/9/2009 Address to a Joint Session of Congress which was focused on Health Care reform). Head on over the jump to the ratings for the President’s seven prime time speeches/press conferences.
- Stimulus Plan Press Conference (2/9/2009): 49,455,000 (30.8/47 HH rating/share)
- Address to a Joint Session of Congress (2/24/2009): Health Care Reform: 52,373,000 (35.2/49 HH rating/share)
- Economic Recovery Press Conference (3/24/2009): 40,354,000 (25.9/45 HH rating/share)
- 100th Day in Office Press Conference (4/29/2009): 28,811,000 (18.8/27 HH rating/share)
- Health Care Reform Press Conference (7/22/2009): 24,682,000 (16.3/32 HH rating/share)
- Address to a Joint Session of Congress: Health Care Reform (9/9/2009): 32,112,000 (20.6/35 HH rating/share)
- Afghanistan Speech (12/1/2009): 40,767,000 (25.9/44 HH rating/share)