Complete ratings and breakdown’s, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follow after the jump.
Note: “Last Week” numbers in this week’s reports are based on final national data. Additionally, HH rating/share data was not available for this evening.
NBC finished in first place for the evening with 7.48 million viewers and a 1.9/7 rating/share among adults 18-49.
4.1/8 HH rating [#1]
6.04M viewers [#1]
1.4/5 A18-49 rating [#1]
- 8:00 p.m.: Dateline NBC (7.38M viewers, 2.0/7 A18-49 rating/share).
Week-to-week numbers (9:00-11:00pm):
Households – 5.1/9
Viewers – 7.40M to 7.38M (-0%/-0.02M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.7/5 to 2.0/7 (+18%)
- 10:00 p.m.: The Jay Leno Show (7.69M viewers, 2.1/7 A18-49 rating/share).
CBS followed in second place for the evening with 4.49 million viewers, and was tied for second place among adults 18-49 with a 1.0/3 rating/share.
2.8/5 HH rating [#2]
4.19M viewers [#2]
0.9/3 A18-49 [#t3]
- 8:00 p.m.: Ghost Whisperer-REPEAT (4.63M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Medium-REPEAT (4.53M viewers, 1.0/3 A18-49 rating/share).
- 10:00 p.m.: Numb3rs-REPEAT (4.29M viewers, 1.0/3 A18-49 rating/share).
FOX finished in third place for the evening with 3.81 million viewers, but managed a tie for second place among adults 18-49 with a 1.0/3 rating/share.
2.4/4 HH rating [#t3]
3.75M viewers [#3]
1.0/3 A18-49 rating [#2]
- 8:00 p.m.: The third season finale of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (5.02M viewers, 1.0/4 A18-49 rating/share).
Season finale comparison (THUR; 7/24/2008 – second season finale):
Households – 4.6/9
Viewers – 7.42M to 5.02M (-32%/-2.40M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.7/6 to 1.0/4 (-41%)
Households – 2.9/5
Viewers – 4.61M to 5.02M (+9%/+0.41M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.0/4 to 1.0/4 (n/c)
- 9:00 p.m.: Glee-REPEAT (2.76M viewers, 0.9/3 A18-49 rating/share).
ABC followed in fourth place for the evening with 3.29 million viewers and a 0.8/3 rating/share among adults 18-49.
2.4/4 HH rating [#t3]
3.48M viewers [#4]
0.9/3 A18-49 rating [#t3]
- 8:00 p.m.: The ALMA Awards (2.21M viewers, 0.6/2 A18-49 rating/share).
Year-to-year numbers (9/12/2008):
Households – 2.4/4
Viewers – 3.52M to 2.21M (-37%/-1.31M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.0/3 to 0.6/2 (-40%)
- 10:00 p.m.: 20/20 (5.45M viewers, 1.4/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Week-to-week numbers (season premiere):
Households – 3.5/6
Viewers – 5.11M to 5.45M (+7%/+0.34M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.4/4 to 1.4/5 (n/c)
The CW finished in fifth place for the evening with 1.37 million viewers and a 0.6/2 rating/share among adults 18-49.
0.8/2 HH rating [#5]
1.20M viewers [#5]
0.5/2 A18-49 rating [#5]
- 8:00 p.m.: Smallville-REPEAT (1.57M viewers, 0.6/2 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: The Beautiful Life: TBL-REPEAT (1.08M viewers, 0.5/2 A18-49 rating/share).
Note: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on fast affiliate data. Comparison’s from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on fast affiliates. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final rating for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final rating for tonight’s episode of “The Jay Leno Show” will be reported in next weeks report for Friday, September 25, 2009. Also keep in mind that because these are fast affiliate numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next week’s report.