Today is the last day to enter the Facebook Binder Art contest for the upcoming Xbox 360/PS3 video game Brütal Legend (Release Date: October 13, 2009). Here’s the information to enter the contest:
- Become a fan of the official Brütal Legend Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/brutallegend
- Post your own Brütal Legend fan art onto the official Brutal Legend Facebook wall with “Fan Art Contest” somewhere in the title
That’s all there is to it! Five winners — sorry International fans, this is a U.S. only contest — will each receive a limited edition Eddie Riggs statue (pictured above next to a sample fan art submission–see the images in high resolution after the jump).
- Official Website: http://www.brutallegend.com
- Twitter page: www.twitter.com/brutallegend
- Pre Order Now: Xbox 360 and/or PS3
Contest rules/complete details follow after the jump. Good luck!
Complete contest rules/details
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN QUEBEC, CANADA AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. To Enter.
To enter the Brütal Legend Binder Art Contest Contest (the, “Contest”) beginning 12:00:01 a.m. PST on August 26, 2009 through 11:59:59 p.m. PST on September 9, 2009 (the “Contest Period”), visit www.facebook.com/brutallegend and follow the instructions to submit your Brütal Legend Binder Art* submission, with the words, “Brütal Legend Binder Art Contest” in the subject line (collectively, the “Entry” or “Entries”). No other methods of entry will be accepted. A Facebook account is required.
* Brütal Legend Binder Art GUIDELINES
Entrants’ submitted Entries must (i) incorporate only the Sponsor-provided game images available on the Site, if any, (the “Contest Assets”) and/or the entrant’s own originally created artwork (“Original Creations”); You can visit the Site to locate any Sponsor provided Contest Assets to create your Brütal Legend Binder Art. Entries must pertain to the Brütal Legend video game, and must be submitted in jpg or .bmp, .gif, .pdf. file format following the Entry instructions above, sized no larger than 1000KB, with a resolution of either 1600*1200, 1024*768 or 800*600” and attached within your Entry. Be sure to include the words, “Brütal Legend Binder Art Contest” in the subject line. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate your own facial likeness, or that of another person, within your Brütal Legend Binder Art design. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit content, and must be appropriate for audiences at least 18 years of age, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submission of previously published art (other than the Sponsor-provided images) is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided images), trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant’s likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise not appropriate for audiences aged at least 18 years old, or that otherwise in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted for entry and will not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
Limit: You may submit multiple entries, but are only eligible to win one prize. By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party. By providing any Contest Assets for entrant’s use Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Contest Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets, and any use of the Contest Assets (including use of the entrant’s Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement. Entries must be suitable for publication (i.e. not obscene, offensive or indecent) and must not have been submitted in other contests or been previously published. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal or prohibited material. Completed entries must be sent electronically during the Contest Period and received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on September 9, 2009. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of Contest Entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of such Entry by Sponsor. Sponsor and its Agents (defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, intercepted, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries, or Entries not otherwise received by Sponsor. Use of a false email account will disqualify an Entry. Sponsor and its Agents (defined below) are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, damaged or delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to emailed Entries. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any submission containing racial or ethnic slurs, explicit language or sexual content or otherwise offensive or illegal material. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is only open to residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia, and Canada (except Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who had Internet access as of August 21, 2009. This Contest is void in Quebec, Canada. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its Agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Winner Selection and Notification. Winners will be determined and notified on or about on or about September 11, 2009, by a message sent to the Facebook profile specified on the Contest Entry as follows:
Sponsor or its designee, the Contest Judge, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest, will independently evaluate and judge all eligible Entries received and select in its sole and absolute discretion, will select the top 5 from all eligible Entries based on the following criteria: 30% Originality of Layout and Design, 40% Creativity and 30% Appropriateness to Topic. In the unlikely event of tie(s), the winner(s) among the tying Entry(ies) will be that with the highest ranking in the Creativity category. The Contest Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. If a winner is 18 or older, as required, but a minor in his or her state, country or providence of residence, winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents. If the winner cannot be contacted at the email address provided at Entry, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winner may be required to provide a U.S. or Canadian shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.voting period.
4. Prizes. There are 5 prizes. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries in the Sweepstakes.
Five (5) Prizes: Statue of Eddie Riggs from Brütal Legend, approximately 17 inches tall Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each prize is $100.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Software and video games, including platform and/or versions to be awarded as prizes are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. Platforms/consoles are not included in prizes except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules. All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state, provincial, and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
5. General Conditions. Sponsor and its Agents are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prizes awarded in this Contest. Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor’s control, including, without limitation, insufficient volume of eligible entries, and to select winners from eligible entries received on or before the termination date. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants whether due to technical or human error.
By entering this Contest, each entrant (i) grants to Sponsor and its Agents a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, right to use the Entry or a copy of the Entry for any purpose related to promotion of the Contest or of future contests or promotions of Sponsor or its Agents, the promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Brütal Legend video game franchise, and existing and future Brütal Legend video games, specifically including, but not limited to the posting, performance and use of the Entry on Sponsor and/or its Agents’ respective websites, and agrees (ii) that Sponsor and its Agents have the right to use the Entries, and, except if Entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use the entrant’s first and/or last name, user or screen name and hometown on Sponsor’s and/or its Agents respective websites and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Brütal Legend videogame franchise, existing or future Brütal Legend video games, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor and/or its Agents without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants; (iii) that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and/or its Agents, may adapt, edit, composite, remix, morph, scan, duplicate, alter and/or otherwise modify any Entry, in whole or in part, without any restrictions as to changes, for publication or for any other purpose, as Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, or that is otherwise allowed under these Official Rules; (iv) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Judges and (v) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Contest.
By entering the Contest and by accepting a prize, the Contest winners irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the Entry (with respect to their Original Creations included as part of the Entry), including without limitation, all copyrights and a waiver of all moral rights in the Entry. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the Entries, including the winning Entries and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of any entry. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
6. Winners list. A winners list will be available at facebook.com/brutallegend after all winners are determined and verified, and posted for approximately two (2) weeks and is also available by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to “Brütal Legend Binder Art Contest,” Electronic Arts Inc., c/o EAP, 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA. 94065 for receipt by September 21, 2009.
7. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA. 94065.
© 2009 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.