Full ratings and breakdown’s, including week-to-week comparisons, etc., follows after the jump.
ABC finished in first place for the evening with a 5.0/8 household rating/share, 7.84 million viewers and a 2.1/6 rating/share among adults 18-49.
2.5/4 HH rating/share [#4]
3.72M viewers [#4]
1.3/4 A18-49 rating/share [#t3]
- Note: Due to the live event the following numbers, for ABC only, are based on the final nationals.
- 8:00 p.m.: The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night To Rock (4.7/8 HH rating/share, 7.39M viewers, 2.0/6 A18-49 rating/share).
Year-to-year numbers (9/8/2008):
Households – 3.3/5 to 4.7/8 (+42%)
Viewers – 4.89M to 7.39M (+51%/+2.50M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.4/3 to 2.0/6 (+43%)
Last week’s numbers (Dating in the Dark – 9:00pm):
Households – 2.8/5
Viewers – 4.27M
Adults 18-49 – 1.7/5
CBS followed in second place for the evening with a 4.6/8 household rating/share, 6.91 million viewers and a 2.0/6 rating/share among adults 18-49.
4.7/8 HH rating/share [#1]
7.23M viewers [#1]
2.3/7 A18-49 rating/share [#1]
- 8:00 & 8:30 p.m.: How I Met Your Mother-REPEAT & How I Met Your Mother-REPEAT (3.2/5 HH rating/share, 4.86M viewers, 1.6/5 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Two and a Half Men-REPEAT (5.5/9 HH rating/share, 8.30M viewers, 2.3/6 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:30 p.m.: The Big Bang Theory-REPEAT (5.3/8 HH rating/share, 8.10M viewers, 2.6/7 A18-49 rating/share.
- 10:00 p.m.: CSI: Miami-REPEAT (5.1/9 HH rating/share, 7.67M viewers, 1.8/5 A18-49 rating/share).
NBC finished in third place for the evening with a 3.8/6 household rating/share and 5.56 million viewers, and was tied for third among adults 18-49 with a 1.4/4 rating/share.
3.4/6 HH rating [#2]
5.02M viewers [#2]
1.3/4 A18-49 rating [#t3]
- 8:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Criminal Intent-REPEAT (3.3/5 HH rating/share, 4.84M viewers, 1.1/4 A18-49 rating/share). Note: I’m labeling these as repeats, but the season aired previously on Cable TV via USA Network so these are first-run episodes on NBC.
Last week’s numbers (Great American Road Trip):
Households – 2.8/5
Viewers – 4.46M
Adults 18-49 – 1.2/4
- 9:00 p.m.: Law & Order: Criminal Intent-REPEAT (3.8/6 HH rating/share, 5.69M viewers, 1.4/4 A18-49 rating/share). Note: I’m labeling these as repeats, but the season aired previously on Cable TV via USA Network so these are first-run episodes on NBC.
Households – 2.9/5 to 3.8/6 (+31%)
Viewers – 4.16M to 5.69M (+39%/+1.53M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.0/3 to 1.4/4 (+40%)
- 10:00 p.m.: Dateline NBC (4.3/7 HH rating/share, 6.13M viewers, 1.8/5 A18-49 rating/share).
Households – 4.3/7 to 4.3/7 (n/c)
Viewers – 5.97M to 6.13M (+3%/+0.16M)
Adults 18-49 – 1.5/4 to 1.8/5 (+20%)
FOX followed in fourth place for the evening with a 2.7/4 household rating/share and 4.06 million viewers, but managed a tie for third place among adults 18-49 with a 1.4/4 rating/share.
2.8/5 HH rating/share [#3]
4.22M viewers [#3]
1.5/4 A18-49 rating/share [#2]
- 8:00 p.m.: House-REPEAT (2.8/5 HH rating/share, 4.32M viewers, 1.5/5 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Lie to Me-REPEAT (2.5/4 HH rating/share, 3.80M viewers, 1.3/3 A18-49 rating/share).
The CW finished in fifth place for the evening with a 1.0/2 household rating/share, 1.37 million viewers and a 0.5/2 rating/share among adults 18-49.
0.6/1 HH rating [#5]
0.86M viewers [#5]
0.4/1 A18-49 rating [#5]
- 8:00 p.m.: One Tree Hill-REPEAT (1.0/2 HH rating/share, 1.46M viewers, 0.6/2 A18-49 rating/share).
- 9:00 p.m.: Gossip Girl-REPEAT (0.9/1 HH rating/share, 1.27M viewers, 0.5/1 A18-49 rating/share).
Note: Network average numbers from the week prior are based on fast affiliate data. Comparison’s from the week prior (or episode-to-episode, etc.) on specific shows are based on final national data. Ratings for the current day are based on fast affiliate data. (Expect all three scenarios to be the case at all times, unless otherwise noted). The final rating for first-run episodes that aired this evening will be reported the following week. So for example, the final rating for tonight’s episode of “Dateline NBC” will be reported in next weeks report for Monday, September 7, 2009. Also keep in mind that because these are fast affiliate numbers, when the finals are released there may be noticeable changes.
And lastly, there may be some errors in the data due to rounding/human error. I’ll do my best to limit those mistakes and correct them in time for the next week’s report.