Yesterday’s co-panel for the upcoming TV movie/DVD Battlestar Galactica: The Plan and the prequel series Caprica (which has been set for debut on Friday, January 22, 2010 on Syfy) featured producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore, writer Jane Espenson and cast members including Edward James Olmos (who also directed ‘The Plan’) and Esai Morales (Caprica). Here are some highlights from the panel [All impressions courtesy sourced site(s)]:
- While Caprica will reference things from ‘BSG’ the goal is for the series to create its own world, with Moore referring to the setting of the show as “Rome before the fall.” [/Film]
- Morales says he hadn’t seen Battlestar Galactica before taking on the role in Caprica, but from the bits he’s caught up on he’s fully aware what he has gotten himself into: “It’s a religion”, he said. [/Film]
- If you haven’t seen my post on Moore’s thoughts that the show was snubbed by the Emmy’s, check it out here.
- Espenson says to expect a lot of dark humor in Caprica, something that is evident in ‘The Plan’ (which she wrote).
- Olmos doesn’t expect his ride on the franchise to end anytime soon: “I’m in this for the rest of my life”. [/Film]