Here’s some of the latest movie casting news.
- Lizzy Caplan, Crispin Glover and Sebastian Stan have signed on to MGM’s time-travel comedy, Hot Tub Time Machine. The film is about a group of friends who go back to the ski lodge where they partied as teens and end up transported to 1987 through their hot tub. Steve Pink is directing. [THR]
- Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl) has been cast in Dimension Films’ Piranha 3-D, Alexandre Aja’s remake of the 1978 cult classic. [E! Online]
- The 20th Century Fox sci-fi comedy Used Guys is being resurrected with some changes. In its original incarnation years ago, Jay Roach was tapped to direct Ben Stiller and Jim Carrey. The new version will change the story’s focus and have Stiller co-starring with Reese Witherspoon. The comedy takes place in a future run by women, who clone and trade men like used cars. The new version will focus on the relationship between Stiller’s character and Witherspoon’s clone owner. Roach will remain a producer. [THR]
- Christina Aguilera will be making her screen debut for Screen Gems’ Burlesque, a contemporary musical to be directed by Steven Antin. Antin also wrote the scripot, which was reviesed by Susannah Grant (Erin Brockovich). [Variety]
- Ken Watanabe and Tom Hardy have boarded Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi project Inception. The duo join lead actor Leonardo Dicaprio and previously cast stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page and Marion Cotillard. [THR]