Here are a few of the latest casting bites from film:
- Screen Gems has signed Megan Fox to star as the lead in the border thriller The Crossing. Fox will be playing the wife who must smuggle heroin across the border in order to save her husband, who was carjacked and kidnapped while in Mexico with his wife. [Risky Biz Blog]
- Patrick Wilson (Watchmen) has been cast in the Paramount Pictures comedy Morning Glory opposite Harrison Ford, Rachel McAdams, Diane Keaton and Jeff Goldblum. Wilson will be playing the romantic partner of McAdams’ character in the comedy. [THR]
- Thomas Dekker (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) is in final negotiations to join the cast of the A Nightmare on Elm Street reboot. He’ll play Jesse, a jock on the swim team. [Shock Till You Drop]
More bites after the jump.
- Fox Searchlight has acquired the screen rights to the novel Nice from Jen Sacks, and will develop the project as a potential star vehicle for Reese Witherspoon. Witherspoon will play the lead actress, a magazine writer who accidentally kills her boyfriend and in the process of finding a way to get rid of the body, discovers that killing boyfriends is easier than breaking up with them. [Variety]
- Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning have been cast in the Focus Features dramedy Somewhere from writer/director Sofia Coppola. The story centers on a bad-boy actor (Dorff) stumbling through a life of excess at the Chateau Marmont. With an unexpected visit from his 11-year-old daughter (Elle Fanning), he is forced to reexamine his life. [Variety]