Terminator Salvation director McG wrote a new blog posting over at the film’s official website. Here are some highlights:
- Principal photograph has wrapped. They’re currently in post-production.
- Christian Bale and Sam Worthington have been shown early cuts and “seem pleased with where the film is headed”.
- McG says the crew feels the responsibility of showcasing amazing special effects. To that end, VFX supervisor Charlie Gibson is working with ILM and Asylum every day and making revisions to the finest detail.
- They want the machines to be “dirty and heavy and perfectly realistic”. That’s why they built so much practically with Stan Winston.
- On the VFX: “There’s one sequence in particular where we’re trying to achieve something that’s never been done before. I don’t want to talk about it because we haven’t been successful yet…, McG said, adding “But we’re working on it”.
- On Bale and Worthington and the story: They “bring power to the rolls of John Connor and Marcus Wright. This is a story of two destinies colliding. Connor is part of a resistance comprised of the ethnicities that make up the globe. This film is so much more that just Los Angeles. It reflects the global crisis of man, all of man versus machine.”
Read the rest of the post here.
Source: Warner Bros.