Stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki were joined by creator Erick Kripke and writers on the panel for The CW’s Supernatural. Here are some highlights courtesy TV Squad:
- SPOILERS: After some time in Hell, Dean returns from the dead. The beginning of the season will deal with how he got out of Hell and what has happened to Sam in the four months that he was gone.
- Meanwhile Sam is more and more accepting his role as demon killer. He believes more than ever that his rightful place in the world is for him to get rid of demons and ghosts, just like his father.
- The two brothers will continue to hold secrets from each other. They will work more independently from each other, and they’re relationship will grow a bit darker.
- Asked about the effect of the writers strike on the series, Kripke said it actually made it a meaner, leaner and more concise show. However, there were some storylines that were not covered during the season.
- Someone asked if Kripke still has a plan to run the show for only five seasons, he replied yes, saying that he wanted to avoid jumping the shark adding he doesn’t want the show to ever slip into mediocrity.
- The season three DVD will be released on September 2nd on both DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def.
- There may be a return by the Ghostfacers this season, and there is talk of giving them their own online miniseries. During the panel, Ed and Hary made a cameo apperance.