The panel for The CW’s Smallville. The panel was moderated by Joseph Loeb and featured stars Allison Mack, Justin Hartley, showrunners Kelly Souders, Brian Peterson, Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer. New stars Sam Witmer (Doomsday) and Cassiday Freeman (Tess) were also present. Here are some highlights courtesy TV Squad:
- The “No Tights” part of the “No Tights. No Flights” rule that was established at the beginning of the series will be upheld, implying that while Clark won’t be donning the tights, he may start flying during the 8th season.
- Swimmer said that Clark will be starting to think about his destiny in the world and begin working on a secret identity.
- Witmer’s character, Justin Bloom, will start out as an extremely nice paramedic who then starts having blackouts with dire consequences. The blackouts are connected to the apperance of the villain Doomsday.
- Freeman will play Tes, the new girl at Lexcorp, now that Luthor is gone. No one will know why she was picked to run the company.
- WIth Hartley now a regular cast member, there will be more exploration of his Green Arrow and Oliver Queen characters.
- While not returning this season, they said that the door is always open for Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) and Sam Jones III (Pete Ross) to return.
- The premiere will feature an appearance by the Justice League.
- DC Comics writer Geoff Johns will be writing an episode that will introduce the Legion of Super-Heroes later in the season. On that front, Swimmer says that here will be more use of DC characters and mythology this season.
- Mack may direct an episode of Smallville this season.