UPDATED 7/28/2008 AT 8:10am: /Film has put up their report of the panel. Read it at this link.
- The teaser poster was revealed (pictured right–click to enlarge).
Teaser footage was shown. Here’s the summary:
Features Righetti and boyfriend lurking through a dilapidated cabin where they find a bed. On the bed post reads “Jason” – further along they find a hole. The boyfriend peeks in and a machete suddenly tears through the floorboard beneath his feet!
The boyfriend is jerked down into a hole and Righetti goes nuts, screaming her head off. This scene descends into a hellish montage of violence.
Back to the panel highlights:
- Someone asked if they’d ever see Freddy get back together with Jason for a sequel to Freddy vs. Jason. They said they’ve love to do something with Wes Craven.
- Asked if there are plans to extend the remake into a trilogy, Fuller said that the ending they have seems finite and that the movie will stand on its own.
- Derek Mears was asked if he’d want to play Jason again after this movie, responding with an obvious “yes”.
- Gotta love the Bay haters: Will there be explosians because “Michael Bay is directing it?” (jeers from the crowd).
- Asked about other horror properties, Fuller said he’d like to do another Friday the 13th and he mentioned their upcoming remake of The Birds and said that was “pretty much it” but that they’re always looking for “great horror properties to remake”.
- Mentioned they’re trying to get a deal to remake Nightmare on Elm Street but “they haven’t made the deal yet.”
- Fuller confirmed that the movie explores Jason’s childhood.
- The goal is for the movie to clock in at 90 minutes.
- No cameos from earlier Friday the 13th movies because, according to Fuller, they didn’t want to take audiences out of the movie.