Marvel’s panel today at Comic-Con featured Kevin Feige From Marvel Studios, Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada and Dan Buckley from Marvel Publishing and Craig Kyle from Marvel Animation. Here are the highlights courtesy ComingSoon.net:
- Kevin Feige said that the goal is to hire filmakers and get scripts in before casting their upcoming movies.
- Feige also said that The Incredible Hulk lived up to their expectations and that the Hulk will make a return.
- Marvel doesn’t believe they’ll ever get certain other characters back due to specific contractual obligations (i.e. it’s not likely Sony and Fox would let go of Spider-Man or X-Men).
- Thor and Ant-Man are their two highest priorities over the coming year.
- Feige wasn’t able to comment about whether Jon Favreau was officially signed on to direct Iron Man 2.
- Dr. Doom won’t be in the Avengers movie because he’s part of the 20th Century Fox contract with Marvel. He wouldn’t comment about whether he’d be apart of a future sequel.
- He confirmed that a script exists for a Silver Surfer movie, but Feige said he believes Fox is going to wait and see how X-Men Origins: Wolverine does before commiting.
- Marvel has no plans to license out any other characters that haven’t already been licensed out.