At the panel for the CBS comedy The Big Bang Theory, Chuck Lorre, co-creator Bill Prady and the entire cast (Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar) were in attendance. Here are the highlights courtesy TV Squad:
- Lorre says that he never intended to make a show about nerds and geeks, but that his main intention was to air a show about remarkable people.
- All the backgrounds of the major characters will be explored more fully in the upcoming season.
- There will be some form of resolution in the Leonard and Penny situation that took place at the end of the first season.
- Sara Gilbert will be returning for several episodes.
- The cast said that they all receive complaints if they get something scientifically wrong, however they have a consultant that fact checks for them.
- The characters on the show are all based on people Bill used to work with when he was a computer programmer.
- There was a previous pilot for the show created for CBS, but according to Lorne “it sucked.” Because of the strong chemistry between Johnny and Jim, CBS gave them blessings for a re-shoot.
More from the panel, including what if anything makes the cast and crew a geek, can be read at TV Squad.