Beginning shortly after the July 4th holiday, the Food Network will be introducing the first of six new series this summer; four total in July, and two in August:
- Grill It! with Bobby Flay – Thirteen viewers auditioned for the chance to grill beside Chef Bobby Flay. Premieres July 6 at 9a.
- How’d That Get On My Plate? – Host Sunny Anderson follows a single ingredient from its origins to the plate. Premieres July 7 at 930p.
- Road Tasted with the Neelys – Pat and Gina Neely visit several cities where they put the spotlight on family-owned specialty food product businesses. Premieres July 22 at 930p.
- Food Detectives – Ted Allen hosts this show that uses science to test various food myths. Premieres July 29 at 9p.
- Ask Aida – Aida Mollenkamp cooks while solving viewer’s cooking problems in this interactive series. Premieres August 2 at 1230p.
- The Cooking Loft – Chef Alexandra Guarnaschelli invites four cooking students to her cooking loft for lessons and tips. Premieres August 31 at 12p.