Got any tips? Send them here

Get in Touch


Have a question or comment you'd like to send my way?

Send your e-mail here

I'll do my best to read and respond to your e-mails.

2012 Presidential Election

Click for

20th Century Fox Pulls Out Of Comic-Con

20th Century Fox has pulled out of this years Comic-Con event in San Diego.  The announcement was made by the studio’s vice president of national publicity, who told the LA Times that “the material wasn’t ready and we only want to go out when we can put our best foot forward.”

But following up on the story, CHUD has gotten in touch with several of their Fox insiders and they’ve learned of a different situation.  Apparently, relations between the San Diego Comic Con and Fox have been strained since last year’s Comic-Con. The strained relations stem from the studio’s Borat presentation last year:

They told Fox that there was absolutely to be no R rated materials during the presentations. The trouble with that is that all of the film’s on Fox’s slate are R rated, with Aliens Vs. Predator finishing up a red band trailer. (I’m not sure about Jumper’s rating, but in typical Liman fashion that film has a long way to go before the editors can make sense of it.) Anyway they said the cost of a couple hundred grand just wasn’t worth it when they could just release all the stuff on the internet.

20th Century Fox had scheduled presentations for Jumper, Aliens vs. Predator, Hitman, Babylon AD and The Dark is Rising. Those films will now longer be on hand.

Comic-Con begins Friday, July 26 and runs through Sunday, July 29.


Source: LA Times and CHUD

Bookmark and Share