All three networks were down week-to-week. ABC pulled back ahead of NBC among households and viewers, but NBC stayed in first among adults 18-49.
ABC was first among households and viewers, while NBC took first among adults 18-49. CBS was behind in third place.
Here are the average ratings for the week of March 12th to March 16th with the change from the previous week in parentheses (ranked by total viewers).
NBC – Nightly News with Brian Williams
- 8,321,000 total viewers (-666,000 viewers)
- 5.8/12 HH rating (-0.3 rating points)
- 2,760,000 A25-54 viewers (+150,000 demo viewers)
- 2.3/9 A25-54 rating (+0.2 rating points)
ABC – World News with Charles Gibson
- 8,643,000 total viewers (-300,000 viewers)
- 6.0/13 HH rating (-0.1 rating points)
- 2,659,000 A25-54 viewers (-141,000 demo viewers)
- 2.2/9 A25-54 rating (-0.1 rating points)
CBS – Evening News with Katie Couric
- 6,755,000 total viewers (-248,000 viewers)
- 4.8/10 HH rating (nc)
- 2,081,000 A25-54 viewers (-109,000 demo viewers)
- 1.7/7 A25-54 rating (-0.1 rating points)
- Because of the NCAA tournament, these numbers represent the average of MON-WED only.
Sources: [Nielsen Media Research]