All three networks were down week-to-week, while NBC regains the top spot among total viewers.
Both ABC and NBC tied for first among households, while ABC was number one for the week among adults 18-49. CBS was, once again, well behind in third place.
Here are the average ratings for the week of March 5th to March 9th with the change from the previous week in parentheses (ranked by total viewers).
NBC – Nightly News with Brian Williams
- 8,987,000 total viewers (-405,000 viewers)
- 6.1/12 HH rating (-0.3 rating points)
- 2,610,000 A25-54 viewers (-460,000 demo viewers)
- 2.1/9 A25-54 rating (-0.4 rating points)
ABC – World News with Charles Gibson
- 8,943,000 total viewers (-626,000 viewers)
- 6.1/12 HH rating (-0.5 rating points)
- 2,800,000 A25-54 viewers (-140,000 demo viewers)
- 2.3/9 A25-54 rating (-0.1 rating points)
CBS – Evening News with Katie Couric
- 7,003,000 total viewers (-508,000 viewers)
- 4.8/9 HH rating (-0.4 rating points)
- 2,190,000 A25-54 viewers (-250,000 demo viewers)
- 1.8/7 A25-54 rating (-0.2 rating points)
Sources: [Nielsen Media Research]