NBC takes the top spot yet again, with ABC and CBS following. NBC was the only network to improve its total viewers average over the week, and it also posted gains in households and adults 25-54.
It’s also worth noting that CBS isn’t doing all that much better than Bob Schieffer’s last week back in August of this year (7.242M with Scheiffer to 7.294M with Couric).
Here are the average ratings for the week of October 30th to November 3rd with the change from the previous week in parentheses. (From Nielsen Media Research data):
NBC – Nightly News with Brian Williams
- 8,856,000 Total viewers (+205,000 viewers)
- 6.1/12 HH rating (+0.1 rating points)
- 2.4/9 A25-54 rating (+0.2 rating points)
ABC – World News with Charles Gibson
- 8,377,000 Total viewers (-70,000 viewers)
- 6.0/12 HH rating (+0.1 rating points)
- 2.2/9 A25-54 rating (n/c)
CBS – Evening News with Katie Couric
- 7,294,000 Total viewers (-262,000 viewers)
- 5.2/10 HH rating (n/c)
- 1.9/7 A25-54 rating (-0.2 rating points)