CBS takes the win in households and viewers, but on the strength of “Deal or No Deal” and “Heroes”, NBC takes the win in A18-49.
CBS finished first for the evening with an 8.9/14 HH rating (13.81M viewers) and second in A18-49, delivering a 4.5/11 rating in that demo.
- “How I Met Your Mother” (9.25M viewers) and a 3.4/9 A18-49 rating and “The Class” (8.70M viewers) and a 3.1/8 A18-49 rating failed to continue their improvement from week to week.
- Last week the two shows averaged 9.73M and 10.05M viewers.
- At 9:00 PM, “Two and a Half Men” won the hour for CBS in households (10.4/15) and viewers (16.37M viewers) but was defeated in A18-49 (5.2/12) by “Heroes”
- CSI: Miami at 10:00 PM took the night in households (11.4/19), viewers (17.62M viewers) but was second in A18-49 with a 5.6/14.
NBC followed in second place with an 7.8/11 HH rating (12.70M viewers), and first in A18-49, delivering a 4.7/12 rating in that demo.
- “Deal Or No Deal” (17.27M viewers) posted strong numbers for NBC, improving very respectably week to week:
- 9.5/15 to a 10.5/16 HH rating
- 15.22M to 17.27M viewers
- 4.4/12 to a 5.2/14 A18-49 rating
- “Heroes” (13.07M viewers) won the evening, though just barely, in Adults 18-49, nipping CSI by one-tenth of a point, with a 5.7/13 A18-49 rating.
- The same can’t be said for “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” (7.76M viewers), which after bumping its A18-49 rating last week some, continued on its downward turn. It scored a 3.1/8 A18-49 rating. Here were the numbers from last week:
- 8.76M viewers, 3.8/9 A18-49 rating. The show was assumed to be on a rebound of sorts when it posted an increase in the key A18-49 demo last week (going from a 3.5 to a 3.8), but as you can see, it’s right back down and even lower than it was a few weeks ago.
ABC finished in third place with a 6.2/9 HH rating (9.17M viewers), and a 3.6/9 A18-49 rating.
- Because of football pre-emptions, all ratings for ABC will be revised downward when final nationals are released. According to fast-nationals, the ratings were as follows.
- “Wife Swap” (9.35M viewers), 3.6/10 A18-49 rating.
- “The Bachelor: Rome” (9.85M viewers), 3.7/9 A18-49 rating.
- “What About Brian” (8.30M viewers), 3.5/9 A18-49 rating.
FOX followed in fourth for the evening delivering a 3.1/5 HH rating (4.41M viewers) and a 1.5/4 A18-49 rating.
- Because of the baseball postponement of the NLCS due to rain, FOX scheduled two repeats of “House”:
- 8:00 PM – 4.04M viewers, 1.5/4 A18-49 rating
- 9:00 PM – 4.78M viewers, 1.6/4 A18-49 rating.
The CW finished in fifth for the evening delivering a 1.9/3 HH rating (2.91M viewers) and a 1.3/3 A18-49 rating.
- The CW seen an increase in their comedy line-up
- “Everybody Hates Chris” (3.06M viewers), 1.3/4 A18-49 rating.
- “All of Us” (2.86M viewers), 1.3/3 A18-49 rating.
- “Girlfriends” (3.06M viewers), 1.5/3 A18-49 rating.
- “The Game” (2.64M viewers), 1.3/3 A18-49 rating.
- However, this is actually down from the previous time-period average (8-10PM) of “7th Heaven” and “Runaway” – 3.01M viewers, 1.2/3 A18-49 rating.
- ‘Chris’ is no longer a strong performer for the network, where last season airing in the 8:00PM time-period on Thursday’s, it routinely averaged 4M + viewers.
Source: Fast National Numbers from Nielsen Media Research
The ratings for all the programs that aired last night are viewable below in chart form (click to enlarge):