It’s ABC again on Sunday night, as the ‘Housewives’ attract the largest audience.
ABC finished first for the evening with an 8.7/14 HH rating (14.2M viewers) and a 5.4/14 A18-49 rating.
- “America’s Funniest Home Videos” experienced large increases each half-hour posting 40% gains in total viewers in 50% in A18-49 for the hour.
- “Desperate Housewives” was the nights most watched program in both viewers (20.8M) and A18-49 (8.5/19 rating).
- “Brothers & Sisters” retained about 63% of its ‘Housewives’ lead-in, with about 13.1M viewers and a 5.3/14 A18-49 rating.
NBC followed in second place with an 7.9/12 HH rating (12.3M viewers), and a 5.2/14 A18-49 rating.
- The “Sunday Night Football” game between the Chargers and Steelers averaged about 15.1M viewers, and through 9 games this season, SNF on NBC is pacing about 9% ahead of the comparable frame of games last season on ABC’s “Monday Night Football”.
CBS finished in third place with a 7.9/13 HH rating (12.3M viewers), and third in A18-49, delivering a 3.4/9 rating in that demo.
- CBS provided strong competition on the night in regards to total viewers, increasing it’s audience every hour throughout the evening, going from 10.2M to 13.7M to 15.0M for its three programs starting at 8PM (“The Amazing Race”, “Cold Case” and “Without a Trace” respectively).
FOX followed in fourth for the evening delivering a 6.3/10 HH rating (9.6M viewers) and third in A18-49, delivering a 3.5/9 rating in that demo.
- “MLB Baseball” on averaged about 7.0M viewers.
The CW finished in fifth for the evening delivering a 1.7/3 HH rating (2.6M viewers) and a 1.1/3 A18-49 rating.
- The comedy block that The CW had previously put much hope into hasn’t done much to redeem itself in its second week, making the move to Monday night seems like the right call. “Everybody Hates Chris” averaged about 2.4M viewers, way down from its season 1 average.
- “Girlfriends” was the best performing show on the night for the network, averaging about 2.9M viewers.
Source: Fast National Numbers from Nielsen Media Research
Note: Because of the live nature of the football game on NBC and the Baseball game on FOX, ratings for those programs are much less accurate and will change when finals are released.
The ratings for all the programs that aired last night are viewable below in chart form (click to enlarge):