ABC wins the evening in total viewers but FOX, on the strength of House, wins A18-49.
ABC finished first for the evening with an 9.5/15 HH rating and second in A18-49 with a 4.2 rating.
- Dancing with the Stars improves to over 20M viewers in its final hour of a special 9o minute episode to finish with an average of 17.84M viewers.
- New comedy Help Me Help You ties mark for highest A18-49 rating for a comedy so far this season with a 3.6 (The Class was the other) averaging 11.93M viewers.
CBS followed in second place with a 7.6/12 HH rating, and third in A18-49, delivering a 3.4 rating in that demo.
- NCIS and The Unit hold firm from last week, with almost 90% retention for The Unit out of NCIS.
- Second week of Smith dips almost 1.5M viewers from last week (about 14%) and experienced a loss of viewership from half-hour to half-hour.
FOX finished in third place with a 4.8/7 HH rating, and a 2.7 A18-49 rating.
- House continues to do strongly against siff competition in the time-slot, winning the night in A18-49.
ABC followed in fourth for the evening delivering a 4.3/7 HH rating and tied for third place in A18-49, with a 2.7 rating.
- Dancing With The Stars shows no signs of losing steam, continuing to power ABC to a win in total viewers
The CW finished in fifth for the evening delivering a 2.2/3 HH rating and a 1.2 A18-49 rating.
- Gilmore Girls, like 7th Heaven the night before, premieres off from last years season premiere. It was off 1.66M viewers (6.22M to 4.56M)
- A repeat of Runaway actually performed better, albeit by only one-tenth, in A18-49 than its premiere the night before. But, doesn’t seem to be finding much of an audience, attracting only 1.73M viewers for the repeat.
Source: Fast National Numbers from Nielsen Media Research
The ratings for all the programs that aired last night are viewable below in chart form (click to enlarge):