Good start for Heroes on NBC, but CBS still able to take the win. Audience Runs Away from Premiere of Runaway.
CBS finished first for the evening with an 8.9/14 HH rating and second in A18-49 with a 4.4 rating.
- Second episode of The Class declined almost 18% from its premiere (from 10.48M viewers to 8.51M viewers).
NBC followed in a very close second place with a 8.1/13 HH rating, though the Peacock finished a strong first in the key A18-49 demo, delivering a 4.7 rating.
- Very good start for Heroes – 14.29M viewers, and a strong 6.0 in Adults 18-49, good enough for #1 in the demo for the evening.
- Studio 60 declined a little more than 2M viewers (~16%) from its premiere, but still had a respectable total viewer average of 11.21M.
FOX finished in third place with a 4.8/7 HH rating, and a 2.7 A18-49 rating.
- Prison Break continues with its good but not great ratings (8.26M viewers, 3.4 A18-49), while Vanished continues to lose a good chunk of A18-49 viewers (2.1 A18-49 rating)
ABC followed in fourth for the evening delivering a 4.3/7 HH rating and tied for third place in A18-49, with a 2.7 rating.
- Two episodes of Wife Swap and a repeat of Men In Trees at 10 PM fill the nights slate before new programming, including What About Brian premieres next week.
The CW finished in fifth for the evening delivering a 2.2/3 HH rating and a 1.2 A18-49 rating.
- 7th Heaven was off almost 1M from last season’s opener (5.42M to 4.36M)
- Runaway fails to attract an audience, premiering with only 2.35M viewers and a dismal 0.7 in the A18-49 demo.
Source: Fast National Numbers from Nielsen Media Research
The ratings for all the programs that aired last night are viewable below in chart form (click to enlarge):