Though slipping from last season’s premiere, the ‘Housewives’ put away the competition on Sunday night, leading ABC to a win in HH and A18-49.
ABC finished first for the evening with a 10.2/16 HH rating and a 6.4 A18-49 rating.
- Last season, Desperate Housewives opened with 28.36M viewers and a 12.3/26 A18-49 rating. This season; 23.86M viewers and a 9.5/21 A18-49 rating.
- The premiere of Brothers & Sisters did well, averaging 16.10M viewers with a 6.2/15 A18-49 rating. This is lower than the time period holder debut last season; Grey’s Anatomy (18.98M), but in terms of viewers, almost on par with the launch of Grey’s Anatomy two years ago, which also led out of Desperate Housewives. That show premiered with 16.25M viewers.
CBS followed in a very close second place with a 8.9/14 HH rating, though The Eye finished a distant fourth in the key A18-49 demo, delivering a 3.6 rating in that demo.
- Though it finished closely in second place in total viewers, CBS finished pretty low in the key A18-49 demo.
- “Without a Trace” finished first in the 10 PM time period, ahead of NBC Sunday Night Football and Brothers & Sisters, despite losing a good amount of viewers from its plush post-CSI opener last season (20.98M to 17.16M)
NBC finished in third place with a 8.4/14 HH rating, but it finished second place in A18-49, with a 5.0 rating.
- NBC Sunday Night Football did well still, but it was hurt a little by increased competition on the night, and fell to third place in both A18-49 and total viewers.
FOX followed in fourth for the evening delivering a 5.8/9 HH rating and third place in A18-49, with a 4.4 rating in that demo.
- The War at Home is turning out to be the weak link in an otherwise strong line-up of half-hour comedies. An average of 9.25M viewers watch up to The War at Home. That show averaged 6.66M viewers.
The CW finished in fifth for the evening delivering a 1.7/3 HH rating and a 1.1 A18-49 rating.
- Repeats of Everybody Hates Chris and America’s Next Top Model mean there isn’t much to discuss just yet.
Source: Fast National Numbers from Nielsen Media Research
The ratings for all the programs that aired last night are viewable below in chart form (click to enlarge):